Spiderman 4

thatblindgeye

I'm a lot more excited for this after that trailer. I like the cast, the story was my only real problem. I kind of hope they go a much different route than the previous films.

Also, Johnny, I'm pretty sure you don't need to spoiler tag discussion about a trailer.

Yeah, I'd always thought that Marc Webb was going to do a decent job but the tone that the trailer conveys is really interesting to me (which is something I could never say about the first trilogy) so I'm a lot more interested in seeing it now.

• 2 months later...

Rumor has it even Sony hates it.

So, The Amazing Spider-Man — I guess it’s looked okay in trailers so far. Spider-Man looks better whilst swinging around than in the Raimi movies, and I won’t argue with Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy, but I pretty much tuned out for any parts that didn’t involve web-slinging or Emma Stone’s boobs. I dunno, the Lizard and Denis Leary just don’t set my world on fire as villains. Well, it turns out my “eh, looks fine I suppose” assessment might be overly generous. According to rumors supposedly originating from “inside sources”, execs at Sony outright hate the movie.

Of course, regardless of what they think of Amazing Spider-Man, Sony is already moving ahead on a sequel, because come on, it’s Spider-Man, but tellingly the sequel will have an all-new writing team (Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, of Star Trek and the Transformers movies). I wouldn’t be surprised to see director Marc Webb also end up on the trash heap if Amazing isn’t received well.

Amazing Spider-Man is in a tough spot — it’s going up against The Avengers and Dark Knight Rises without any real hook aside from “here’s more Spider-Man, except now with younger actors”. It’ll make money because they love Spider-Man overseas, but the movie will be completely forgotten by the end of the year.

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat

New trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7nWNkAIT34

Trailers can be deceiving but this looks like it might end up pretty good. Like I said with the previous trailer, I'm already more interested in this than any of the Raimi films.

Oh and that story above sounds like such internet nerd speculation that I can't take it seriously.

OK, I'll bite. This looks awesome.

Going to be missed by most, thanks to the awesomeness, by Rises and Avengers though.

It's going to be only the third-biggest superhero movie of the year which is really really weird for Spider-Man. But I'm really looking forward to an honest-to-goodness quippy Spider-Man.

• Like 1

Man. I've read so many interviews with Marc Webb where he goes on and on about how much he focuses of the Peter Parker element of Spider-Man and the relationship with Gwen Stacy... I just, I really hope that small glimpse of Spider-Man being remotely close to as funny as Spider-Man actually is, is a bit part in the film. I could care less if the relationship between Peter and Gwen isn't fleshed out quite enough if it means we actually get Spidey being hilarious.

And oh man, is anyone else just not a fan at all of Connors being straight up evil? So far it looks like he couldn't be any more of a Doc Ock/Green Goblin combo. Which is a shame, because with this being based of Ultimate Spider-Man, I'd hoped they'd go with that version of Connors, which is a lot more interesting. Especially when I'm fairly sure if it gets a sequel (well, when), Norman Osbourne will be Spider-Man's The Joker. And I mean, Ultimate Osbourne is pretty much exactly what this version of Connors seems to be.

Also, with Peter's parents playing a part I really hope they go with the Ultimate storyline of them playing a part in the creation of the Venom symbiote.

It's going to be only the third-biggest superhero movie of the year which is really really weird for Spider-Man. But I'm really looking forward to an honest-to-goodness quippy Spider-Man.

This.

The witty banter of Spider-Man was severely lacking from the 3 previous Spider-Man films.

New trailer, mainly with stuff we've already seen, but some new footage, especially at the beginning.

I dunno, I still can't get excited about this movie. I'll admit the action scenes look to be good (that bridge part at the beginning of the trailer looks great), but I honestly can't get excited about this, and I love Spider-Man.

I'm digging it. It definitely has a more Ultimate Spider-Man feel, Garfield's Parker is much less of the cringe worthy dork that McGuire's was. It's still not something I'm super hyped up for, but I'll definitely see it. It looks worlds better than it did after the teaser and first trailer, and infinitely better than Spider-Man 3.

The last two trailers have sold it for me, honestly (I'm not a fan of Ultimate, Carnage and Venom's use are a good reason for that.) But I was likely to see it anyway, but this might be another opening night thing for me now.

As for Lizard and Connor's involvement: I'm hoping the potrayal of him being flatout evil is just wordplay/shortcuts for the trailer to establish who the villain is. The way it looks, the shots could be mid sentence, especially the "ready play god?" quote. It could've been cut from "Are you sure we're ready to play god?"

At least that's my hope.

I saw the last 2 trailers and I believe Connors is manipulated by Osborn and that Cap. Stacy is forced to chase Spiderman (ala Prey storyline in Batman).Not too excited about it but may be from Avengers hangover.

• 2 weeks later...