UFC News and Discussion Thread

Grant by UD. Who's up for a big ol' Canadian Bandwagon ride!?! I don't trust Asians fighting on North American soil. Especially for the first time. They tend to disappoint IMO.

Kim has fought here 3 times. :shifty:

What channels this on in the UK tonight? I heard it was on a free channel because Setanta went tits up. I presume it starts at 1am?

Something I found interesting was that our cable company here didn't have any way to order the event tonight, not listed on any ppv channels, nothing. So I called and it turns out there is a 30 minute window (15 before it starts and 15 after) that a channel will just magically appear out of no where and have it. The fact it was like that sure seems weird as hell, anyone else having to put up with this kind of shit?

I just saw what the #3 fight was and damn I never knew what kind of douche Trigg was for going on the offensive after kneeing Hughes in the nuts. Served him right when hughes RNC'd him again.

edit: Its pretty obvious what #1 is. Great fight, I don't think its the best fight in UFC history but it may have been the most significant (in terms of MMA's mainstream popularity in the US).

Edited by kale

Yeah, 30-27 was ridiculous. Even I know that and I was rooting for Akiyama and felt he had a good case for winning rounds two and three, there is no way you can say he won the first round outside of the last thirty seconds.

... and wow, I blinked and missed the finish for Bisping/Henderson because I was typing that out. Whoops.