UFC News and Discussion Thread

You're talking about his Amateur Wrestling background right? Not his WWE background, right?

No, I'm talking about his WWE background. As a WWE fan, I love to see someone like Lesnar go into a legit sport and prove that not all pro wrestlers are jokes.

You're kidding right? Dude, WWE Wrestlers aswell as most of all Pro Wrestlers coouldn't stand a chance against most of all MMA fighters. I thought youw ere talking about his Amateur Wrestling background wich was shown by Lesnar on Mir tonight, he countered the takedown Mir tried to do and put him down while Lesnar stayed on top, that's Amateur Wrestling, not WWE-Style of Wrestling. Dude seriously, saying Lesnar's WWE/Pro Wrestling background makes him what he is today is a total joke, you sir, are indeed a dumbass.

... pfftahahahaha. Buh-bye, Powerhart.

You're talking about his Amateur Wrestling background right? Not his WWE background, right?

No, I'm talking about his WWE background. As a WWE fan, I love to see someone like Lesnar go into a legit sport and prove that not all pro wrestlers are jokes.

You're kidding right? Dude, WWE Wrestlers aswell as most of all Pro Wrestlers coouldn't stand a chance against most of all MMA fighters. I thought youw ere talking about his Amateur Wrestling background wich was shown by Lesnar on Mir tonight, he countered the takedown Mir tried to do and put him down while Lesnar stayed on top, that's Amateur Wrestling, not WWE-Style of Wrestling. Dude seriously, saying Lesnar's WWE/Pro Wrestling background makes him what he is today is a total joke, you sir, are indeed a dumbass.

... pfftahahahaha. Buh-bye, Powerhart.

Not Powerhart!

I don't think Zero is saying Lesnar won tonight, or any UFC fight for that matter, because he's an ex-WWE wrestler. I think he's saying he likes it BECAUSE of Lesnar's past, and it's a former WWE wrestler at the top of the UFC mountain.

You just keep digging yourself deeper and deeper, man.

Flaming? I'm just telling the truth.

Nope. You resorted to a really stupid, unnecessary personal attack on your completely faulty point (Zero said that not all pro wrestlers are pushovers/couldn't survive in MMA, not the majority), and you did it on a Global Mod. I'll let Zero make the judgment call but hahahaha, oh wow.

Did I say that most WWE wrestlers would stand a chance against most MMA fighters? No. I said Lesnar is evidence that they're not all jokes. To even assume that I meant that as his WWE background makes him a better MMA fighter is just dumb, ass.

And since the comment was directed at me, I don't feel as if I'm in the position to fairly lay down any sort of warning/banning.

Edited by Zero

And I like the Hardy crew cheering on Lesnar, no they couldn't all do what he does, but he's a good ambassador for pro wrestling, shows that they're not all a bunch of "fake fighters."

I would have thought him being a NCAA D-1 Wrestling champ proved that to begin with.

Edit: And Angle being an Olympic gold medalist... and the plethora of other athletes that have chosen to go to wrestling. I think the misconception with wrestling is with the gimmicks, not the athleticism and their actual accomplishments prior to joining. I don't think many doubt that.

Edited by ACCBiggz

Meh, I'm not continuing with this, I said what I had to say, take it or leave it.

Well, you totally misinterpreted what I was saying and then insulted me for no real rhyme or reason. I've never had any interaction with you before, so it's a bit uncool to just roll in and call me a dumbass for a comment you didn't understand. I don't really care, I've been called much worse, but you can't talk to anyone on here like that - mod or member - and think you're invincible. We've got a nice community here, don't mess that up.

And since the comment was directed at me, I don't feel as if I'm in the position to fairly lay down any sort of warning/banning.

Oooh, then I'll do it! Powerhart, you are not Boris Grishenko and therefore you are not invincible. This is strike two and a one-week suspension, hopefully you can play well with others once you get back.

Edited by Nick GoGopolis

Oooh, then I'll do it! Powerhart, you are not Boris Grishenko and therefore you are not invincible. This is strike two and a one-week suspension, hopefully you can play well with others once you get back.

Haha. I'm glad I'm not the only person who immediately thought the same thing.

Also, I think with how wrestling is today, while a lot of guys in pro wrestling would get absolutely destroyed by top level MMA guys, there are some fantastic athletes in wrestling, and if they dedicated themselves to enhancing existing athletic and martial knowledge, they could do well.

Oh, me and TEOL totally called it as Bonnar's

MikeChiappetta: Danzig's cut is pretty bad. octagon starting to look like a crime scene

And apprently the crowd cheered him as he exited the cage. We'll see if this performance lands him another fight, but I expect he is cut.

so, how many fights will it be before we see Mir/Lesnar III? It's bound to happen with the way Dana is and the series at two fights a piece.

HW division is very weak. If Nog beats Couture I'd expect him to get the next shot, if not then I see winner of Cain/Shane getting it. Mir just needs to win one or two fights in a row and he jumps back to the top of the heap in the UFC's heavyweight division.

Also,

Fight of the Night — Alan Belcher vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama

Knockout of the Night — Dan Henderson

Submission of the Night – Tom Lawlor

I forget what fighter suggested it to Dana at a fight night awhile back, check his old vlogs if you want to know badly enough, but he took him up on his idea. UFC 100 bonuses worth $100,000.

Edited by ACCBiggz