UFC News and Discussion Thread

Three-man teams never work for me, it's the "too many cooks" effect, although I guess my immediate thoughts go to MNF, and their third men were Theismann and Kornheiser (ugh). So I guess it could work with the right third man, but I remain sceptical. Especially when, as has been said, Goldy and Rogan are so good at what they do.

On a side note, Chuck Lidell is a HORRIBLE presenter. He joins mike Goldberg in presenting the Best of UFC Knockouts volume 2 DVD, and it's so ridiculously awkward. Goldy's great, but it's too obvious that he's setting up Lidell for easy lines...which Chuckstumbles through horribly, repeating himself four or five times and not really adding anything to the discussion.

Three-man teams never work for me, it's the "too many cooks" effect, although I guess my immediate thoughts go to MNF, and their third men were Theismann and Kornheiser (ugh). So I guess it could work with the right third man, but I remain sceptical. Especially when, as has been said, Goldy and Rogan are so good at what they do.

Randy Couture has joined them in the past and it works quite well. If you get a chance to watch a card where he joined them (and not simply replacing Rogan) it's worth a listen. And on the off chance Rogan quit/retired/fired/etc. Randy needs to replace him... he is phenomenal.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I would not replace either Goldberg or Rogan with anyone from outside the UFC. It's mainly Couture post-retirement that I'm thinking they should bring in...I can't quite explain what Randy brings to the table that the other two don't, but he just sort of sees things the others don't...

I'm a fan of the announce team. Very fluid in the sense that they can call the action and fit in their off the cuff comments without missing a beat. Two guys who you can tell love calling the fights and offer up an atmosphere as if they were sitting in your living room watching the fights with you.

I eat shit out of Joe Rogan's hands. I think the guy is hilarious and I have a very hard time disagreeing with him. He does go a little overboard sometimes with his own opinions, but that's just the passion he has for MMA.

Mike Goldberg is who he is. He's like Joe's wing man. Charismatic and almost charming. He makes Joe look like a million bucks. The only thing is that Goldie sometimes does it to a fault. Like when he says something that borders on being quite dense, Joe will fill him in, and almost before Joe is even finished talking he comes in with his patented "great point!" line. That's about it.

I had a hard on for Bas. He was the bee's knees in PRIDE, now everybody says he is overrated. He was so corny on purpose, I loved it. But then he'd turn it on and break down the action down better than anybody. If you could get past him being all Dutch and shit. I think if English was Bas' native tongue, he'd be the king of commentary. Easily.

Frank Mir is an awesome colour man too.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

I think they should stick with Goldberg and Rogan, then bring in Couture, Mir or whoever really from time to time to commentate on a match or two just to shake it up a little.

Edited by Hellfire