UFC News and Discussion Thread

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Bumping this for anybody who wants to talk about Strikeforce. Carano vs. Cyborg and Gilbert Melendez and really that's it as everyone else is injured or a pothead.

Live show starts at 10:30 EST.

I wsa also hugely disappointed in the Griffin fight. Hope he recovers alright though.

Whilst I would have liked to see it be a proper brawl for three rounds, the shortness of the fight was made up for by Anderson Silva as a whole. Seriously, loads of people gave the man stick for his fights against Cote and Leites, and to see him standing in front of a known slugger like Griffin and just avoid pretty much every strike, and then knock the man down with crisp, sharp striking was a sight to behold. Not much as a fight, sure, but as a spectacle, it worked for me.

Strikeforce Prelim Results:

Justin Wilcox def. David Douglas by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 2:16, R3.

James Terry def. Zak Bucia by TKO at 0:23, R1.

Alex Trevino def. Isaiah Hill by Submission (Key Lock) at 3:56, R1.

Scott Lighty def. Mike Cook by TKO at 2:05, R1.

Jay Hieron def. Jesse Taylor by Unanimous Decision (30-27).

Edited by ACCBiggz

Very good Armbar attempt from Mike Kyle... but Werdum shows his superior Jiu-Jitsu and patience. Once he grabbed that Guillotine, I knew it was over. I shouldn't have changed my pick looking for the upset.

Good showcase of Fabricio's skills, but Kyle is a far cry from Alistair Overeem.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Yeah, there was only one way that match was going to go. Werdum's better than a lot of people give him credit for, but he's definitely not the major heavyweight player he's about to be hyped up as.

Werdum is a top 5 Heavyweight... in Strikeforce. With Fedor, Overeem, Rogers and Arlovski (if he's coming back). Problem is, against any of those guys, I really don't think he would fare too well. As far as I'm concerned, the Heavyweight Title picture is a three man race. Overeem, the champion... Fedor, the man with the mystique and considered best in the world... Rogers, who suffers nothing from losing to these guys, and gains everything by winning.

I honestly think, if Rogers' ground defense is any good, that he's going to be the guy that puts Strikeforce on the map... and that he's going to do it at the expense of The Last Emperor.

THANK YOU MOUSASI!!!

Ending all this Babalu is good stuff.

I don't think this means that Babalu is a shitty fighter. He's a good fighter, but he's definitely not an Elite 205 pounder. Mousasi, on the other hand, is. He's been tearing shit up against some pretty bad dudes, and I honestly can't think of anyone right now, outside of the UFC, who could legitimately challenge him for this title.

THANK YOU MOUSASI!!!

Ending all this Babalu is good stuff.

I don't think this means that Babalu is a shitty fighter. He's a good fighter, but he's definitely not an Elite 205 pounder. Mousasi, on the other hand, is. He's been tearing shit up against some pretty bad dudes, and I honestly can't think of anyone right now, outside of the UFC, who could legitimately challenge him for this title.

Yeah, let's not get ahead of ourselves. A loss to Mousasi is hardly condemning.