UFC News and Discussion Thread

Nate's on a longer streak

3 fight win streaks for Henderson, Marquardt, and even Okami:

Palhares, Franklin, Bisping

Kampmann, Gouveia, Maia

MacDonald, Tanner, Lister

I didn't even realize Hendo had won 3 in a row.

Okami who? haha... that poor guy is never going to get his shot.

I don't see the point in putting Nate first though. Part of marketing a rematch is being able to say "This guy came real close to winning" or "This guy won a round!" Marquardt got picked apart in the first. Would he do better now? Yeah, he would... but I don't think the interest for that fight is as high as the interest (manufactured or not) in a rematch with Hendo.

That said, Marquardt needs to fight ASAP. If he's not getting the shot at Silva right away, then fit him in somewhere. Like I said, a UFC 105 main or co-mkain of Marquardt/Bisping would be far more intriguing that Bisping/Kang.

Because BJ Penn refuses to fight overseas and therefore you don't get Sanchez/Penn. They were rumored to be working on Hendo/Silva II for 105.

Man fuck BJ Penn; ruining a show which he could've made better. Oh well we got Michael Bisping fighting and if he loses, everyone in Manchester's going to go apeshit.

5. Chris Tuchscherer is the toughest man who ever lived

OK, maybe not the toughest, but he's got to be in the top five along with Evel Knievel, Aron Ralston (the hiker who cut off his own hand to survive an accident), Rasputin and of course, Chuck Norris.

For those of you who didn't see it, I strongly advise you to never, ever seek out the video clip. Seriously. (I'm practically dry-heaving writing this.)

Early in the fight, Tuchscherer was unintentionally hit with a Gabriel Gonzaga kick that landed in the worst place a man could be kicked. And as Mirko Cro Cop knows, Gonzaga kicks really hard. The sound was sickeningly similar to the one you hear when Albert Pujols squares up a Brad Lidge fastball.

Needless to say, if Tuchscherer had announced his retirement right then and there, no one would have blamed him. Instead, after puking and taking the full five minutes alloted for unintentional low blows, Tuchscherer somehow rose to his feet, put in his mouth guard and continued. Across the world, men doubled over and watched in equal parts horror and awe. Alas, there was no happy ending for him, as Gonzaga landed a head kick and eventually pounded Tuchscherer out.

Here's hoping that the UFC gives him another fight. He earned it.

:puke:

:o

Yeah, I saw that fight last night. Something in me believes Chris would've had a real chance against Gonzaga on pure audacity and being able to take such a beating. The fact that he still survived a two minute onslaught after such an ordeal goes to show that Chris is someone to fear.

• Like 1

Sticking with its usual procedures for mixed-martial-arts events, the Oregon State Athletic Commission has suspended all 22 fighters who competed in this past Saturday's UFC 102 event.

While most of the suspensions were "mandatory minimum" terms of seven days, many of the event's losing fighters have been shut down for 30 days or more.

Additionally, Ed Herman and Chris Leben will need doctor's clearance before returning to competition.

UFC 102 took place Aug. 29 at the Rose Garden Arena in Portland, Ore., and aired live on pay-per-view. MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) requested the list of medical suspensions, and OSAC released them online on Sunday.

Herman, who was tagged with a TKO loss after suffering a knee injury, is suspended indefinitely. Leben, who suffered a submission defeat, is suspended 30 days must have a CT scan to rule out any possible facial fractures.

The full list of suspensions includes:

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira: 30-day suspension for precautionary reasons

def. Randy Couture: 30-day suspension for precautionary reasons

Thiago Silva: Seven-day mandatory minimum suspension

def. Keith Jardine: 30-day suspension for precautionary reasons

Jake Rosholt: Seven-day mandatory minimum suspension

def. Chris Leben: 30-day suspension and must have CT scan of possible facial fractures

Nate Marquardt: Seven-day mandatory minimum suspension

def. Demian Maia: 21-day suspension for precautionary reasons

Brandon Vera: Seven-day mandatory minimum suspension

def. Krzysztof Soszynski: 30-day suspension due to facial laceration

Aaron Simpson: Seven-day mandatory minimum suspension

def. Ed Herman: Suspended indefinitely and must have left knee cleared by a physician

Gabriel Gonzaga: Seven-day mandatory minimum suspension

def. Chris Tuchscherer: 45-day suspension due to facial laceration

Mike Russow: Seven-day mandatory minimum suspension

def. Justin McCully: 30-day suspension due to possible left-eye injury

Todd Duffee: Seven-day mandatory minimum suspension

def. Tim Hague: 60-day suspension for precautionary reasons

Mark Munoz: 30-day suspension for right-elbow injury

def. Nick Catone: Seven-day mandatory minimum suspension

Evan Dunham: Seven-day mandatory minimum suspension

def. Marcus Aurelio: 14-day suspension for precautionary reasons

• 3 weeks later...

29-28 Ellenberger for me. I heard about his power from Jordan Breen and such, but I still think Condit had this finished in the first but got so overaggressive when he got mount went for a sloppy armbar that was available to him. Second round I didn't see it as close as KenFlo saw it and gave it to Jake as well.

Great reffing in the fight as I would have been ticked had he stopped the fight.