UFC News and Discussion Thread

So last nights UFC... I really liked Jim Miller's and Bocek's submissions. Great submissions by them. I don't think Sotiropoulos will be ready for the April show that Bocek called him out on, but if he finishes Siver quickly and comes out without any problems, perhaps it could be done and I'd like to see it. As for Miller, I don't think he is ready for a title shot, perhaps put him in there with Florian or the loser of Edgar/Maynard next?

Yeah Jim Miller is on a roll. I mean only losses of his career are Frankie Edgar before his UFC days and Gray Maynard in the UFC. There are a variety of options for him in his next fight, Sherk. Florian, Gomi/Guida winner, Dunham/Guillard winner.

I don't like the Bocek/Soto matchup. I don't have anything against Bocek, I really like the guy, but Soto needs to fight a clear cut top 5 guy if he gets through Siver. Soto needs the step up in competition, rather than facing someone else who is trying to use him as a step up.

And the highl-eye ( :shifty: ) of the night...

koscheckeye.jpg

"Riddle me this, riddle me that, I've got an easy one for you, EWBats: Better as a follower than a leader, it keeps things the same or increases them tenfold."

My hats off to Koscheck though, for trooping through that broken orbital bone and still not getting knocked out or submitted by probably the greatest in the sport.

Edited by The EWRiddler

Well, when you haven't gotten any for a while...

...go ahead, Eddie. We won't judge you. Well, some of us might not. Most of us will though.

I don't care if it would've been unpopular, Koscheck should've been pulld after the third at the latest.

Totally agreed. It's not going to help the sport much if a fighter is left permanently injured due to inaction of the medical staff.

Joe Rogan also needs a talking to for going on about how the fight shouldn't be stopped. Much better PR would be for Goldie to do a whole spiel about protecting the fighter and best to live to fight another day etc.

Edited by QuomQuat

Guest The EWOompa Loompa

Rumours going around that Royce Gracie might fight on the Brazil show.

Who the hell do you put against Royce Gracie that deserves the push, but that people will think Gracie has a chance against? Amir Sadollah?

Rumours going around that Royce Gracie might fight on the Brazil show.

Who the hell do you put against Royce Gracie that deserves the push, but that people will think Gracie has a chance against? Amir Sadollah?

Ken Shamrock :-p