UFC News and Discussion Thread

If Overeem can manage to pass a drugs test, I'm sure Barnett can find a way.

And what is the basis for the accusation of Overeem being unable to pass a drugs test?

:w00t:

My statement still stands given the context of time. At the time Overeem had never failed a drug test.

Now the argument would change as we have proof he is now taking something. However Overeem had previously been tested while fighting for Strikeforce and at the December UFC event against Lesnar and passed all of them.

I'd love to see Hunt fight JDS because its Mark Hunt but that isn't exactly a realistic option as he hasn't beaten anyone that would be deemed worthy of a title shot, Mir is the best option because he is on a 3 fight winstreak after having beaten Cro Cop, Nelson and Nogueira as I don't think an immediate JDS/Velasquez rematch is the best course of action.

Reem tried to use a whizzer but was caught out because it was only half the size of his actual horsecock...

And what is the basis for the accusation of Overeem being unable to pass a drugs test?

I love how NBT had this post all quoted up for God knows how long to prove his point :P

Also, Rich, Overeem did test positive after the Brock fight.

I love how NBT had this post all quoted up for God knows how long to prove his point :P

Sadly it was the first thing that popped into my mind when I read the story. I like 'Reem but there has to be a reason why he fought outside of the UFC and their testing scruples for so long. >_>

No he didn't it came back clean post UFC 141.

So says MMA weekly

Also its not the UFC testing its the Nevada State Athletic commission.

The UFC does not do any testing of its fighters, except at events which do not have an athletic/sports body managing it, and then they contract it out to a third party, much like the WWE do.

That is one of its biggest pet peeves, that people believe that the UFC tests it fighters, while they rarely do leaving it to the governing bodies in the US.

Allistair has passed drugs tests in the past, including the one after UFC 141, he has now failed one, granted, but he has previously passed them in California, Texas, Missouri and Nevada.

Guest mr. potato head

No he didn't it came back clean post UFC 141.

So says MMA weekly

Also its not the UFC testing its the Nevada State Athletic commission.

The UFC does not do any testing of its fighters, except at events which do not have an athletic/sports body managing it, and then they contract it out to a third party, much like the WWE do.

That is one of its biggest pet peeves, that people believe that the UFC tests it fighters, while they rarely do leaving it to the governing bodies in the US.

Allistair has passed drugs tests in the past, including the one after UFC 141, he has now failed one, granted, but he has previously passed them in California, Texas, Missouri and Nevada.

Seems like if they were serious about eliminating steroids, a simple solution to that problem would be to start doing their own testing in addition to what athletic commissions do...

Preaching to the choir.

But then we would just accuse them that their tests aren't fair.

At the end of the day its the athletes who are cheating who are the problem, its the method of detection and the punishments that need looking at. They should be banned for life if it appears that the full intention was to massively cheat with illegal performance enhancing drugs.

I'm sorry, I would love Hunt as much as the next guy. But its going to be Mir in all likelihood, UFC career guy, three fight win streak, former champion, just broke JDS's training partners arm in his last fight. Seems apt and Mir is a higher ranked guy.

Hunt will in all likelihood not get the shot, but it would probably be the best fight out of all the possibilities. Would make for a great stand up war, and I think Hunt presents a better challenge to JDS than Mir, and Cain was beaten too comprehensively for a rematch to be warranted at this stage IMO. Plus Cain got his shot after beating Rothwell and Kongo, the same two guys that Hunt just beat. Werdum is an outside shot, but the last time he was seen in the UFC hr was getting KTFO by JDS, plus no-one wants to see him flop around on the floor again.

Dana just confirmed as well that Mir v Cain will be going ahead as well.

WAR HUNT!