UFC News and Discussion Thread

16 hours ago, The Fork Horsemen said:

Actually I think it was...but I think it was done just as Herb was calling the fight. Just when he lifts Robbie's hand up after it fell limp. Herb lifts it up and it basically falls. He's jumping up to call for the end and I'm pretty sure Robbie put his thumb up at that point. Unfortunately it was pretty much too late as Herb wasn't actually looking and had already called the fight. I still think he was out, but came out of it around the time Herb picked his hand up and let it drop.

Yeah. In all honesty, as much as I wanted Lawler to win, seems like a fair call. I hope we get to see a rematch though. 

21 hours ago, Benjamin said:

I think the Gracie brothers gave a very good argument on why it was a good stoppage.

Also, Usman is a fucking monster and I can't wait for him to absolutely maul Colby. Really wish he wasn't a fucking Ali fighter, though.

What's an Ali fighter?

23 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

What's an Ali fighter?

Ali Abdel-Aziz is a combat sports agent (the founder of Dominance MMA Management) who's clients include Khabib, Cejudo, Frankie the Answer, Garbrant, Werdum, and Usman. He's also a dirtbag who owes thousands in child support, is the bastard that paves the way for major MMA names to become buddies with Ramzan Kadyrov, and also eventually make business deals with Kadyrov and have those guys become faces of Akhmat MMA, his personal MMA promotion. 

He also regularly gets into brawls with fans at shows as well as with other fighters because he's an asshole and a troublemaker. He and Usman got into it with Colby at the Palms (if I'm not mistaken) the day after the fight.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 26/03/2019 at 22:11, The Fork Horsemen said:

This is the second time he's announced his retirement in the last 5 years. He'll be back for the right dollar figure.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's 2019 and you've got a UFC card with BJ Penn, a Nogueria, Anderson Silva and Jose Aldo on it that went exactly the way you'd expect it go.

2 hours ago, Gazz said:

It's 2019 and you've got a UFC card with BJ Penn, a Nogueria, Anderson Silva and Jose Aldo on it that went exactly the way you'd expect it go.

To be fair, Aldo is only 32 and coming off two legitimately good wins. Volkanovski looks legit I think. 

I’ll trade you him for a washed up Thiago Alves. 

The fact they keep giving BJ Penn fights is ridiculous.  Hasn't won a fight in 9 years and it's just painful to watch

Ahead of this fight he said that he could still see himself winning the title.

Genuinely sad to see him clinging on. 

Problem is, if they release him, he just goes to Rizin and the losing run goes on. Don’t think even Bellator touch him now. 

On 13/05/2019 at 23:17, Cymbols said:

Ahead of this fight he said that he could still see himself winning the title.

Genuinely sad to see him clinging on. 

Problem is, if they release him, he just goes to Rizin and the losing run goes on. Don’t think even Bellator touch him now. 

Don't really want Bellator to touch him either, actually, 145 & 155 there is pretty nasty. 

Maybe he can win a million dollars in PFL? 

• 3 weeks later...

The MMA sadness train rolled into Stockholm last night, poor Gus. 

Rough night for Jimi Manuwa too, who should probably retire, realistically. 

Looks like Copenhagen is the next destination in Europe - and there's chatter that Jack Shore will be making his debut. Really really good prospect from South Wales, can't wait to see him make the step up.

Sucks seeing Manuwa and Gus lose but there are some nice prospects coming up at LHW that id like to see make that step up into contendership - guys like Walker, Rakic, Reyes etc

• Like 1