UFC News and Discussion Thread

57 minutes ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

He shot at someone who was rumored to be a child abuser of some kind, is the story making the rounds, but he actually shot someone different.

Yeah, from what I read last night it was the guy's stepfather who actually got hit. Post I saw last night was saying they were driving away from Velasquez when he opened fire on the car. 

• 2 weeks later...

Cain Velasquez denied bail. 

Ryan Bader (friend/teammate of Velasquez's) gave more information on social media, which was reported by Yahoo Sports.

On Tuesday, longtime friend of Velasquez and former wrestling teammate at Arizona State University Ryan Bader revealed the identity of Velasquez' family member in a post on social media.

"Many of you know Cain is currently in jail and was denied bail. Cliff notes is he went after the man who was molesting his 4 yr old son. The 43 yr old man was released immediately with no bond and was able to go back home. Cain took justice into his own hands, and although not the smartest decision, any father would have felt the same way," Bader wrote.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, The Kraig said:

Caught perfectly.

Hide contents

I like this one.

Spoiler

81F138D9-13DF-4602-8348-85FA477E013C.thumb.jpeg.7ced15eb87b9f7d3a54ac4461dcdc27f.jpg

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Cymbols said:

If you only watch one round of MMA this year, make it the second round of Matt Schnell vs  Su Mudaerji from tonight's UFC card. Four-and-a-half minutes of utter madness.

That was a good fight. Didn't make up for the utter crapfest the rest of the night but it was still really good.

47 minutes ago, Forky said:

That was a good fight. Didn't make up for the utter crapfest the rest of the night but it was still really good.

Ah there was a couple of decent scraps on there, but yeah, we’ve had better of late. Jack Shore losing sucks too, but I think he’ll bounce back.

London next week will be a belter though. The Cage Warriors show in the same building the night before will also be fire I reckon, will certainly be tuning into Fight Pass for that.

2 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

Ah there was a couple of decent scraps on there, but yeah, we’ve had better of late. Jack Shore losing sucks too, but I think he’ll bounce back.

London next week will be a belter though. The Cage Warriors show in the same building the night before will also be fire I reckon, will certainly be tuning into Fight Pass for that.

Is Fight Pass worth getting? I have thought about it recently but I tend to have enough wrestling to watch that I really only watch the cards on tv. Are there a lot of stuff other than UFC on there?

It is pretty good, there’s live events every weekend at this point, and all of the old Pride, Strikeforce, and WEC stuff too - which I like to have on in the background. I quite like watching the LFA, Titan, and Cage Warriors shows because you just know you’re getting future UFC contenders on there.