UFC News and Discussion Thread

I want to see Frank Mir vs. Roy Nelson now just to see how Frank would build up a fight against Nelson.

I have wanted to see this fight for some time now. Biggz and I discussed it awhile back (my interest in it mainly), but it'd be a bit out of place for both of them. Would be a great fight though. Watching the old Grapplers Quest match between them peaked my interest a lot.

Watch this for the reason you'd like it though:

What did we learn at tonight's Fight Night?

Mullet Power > Freakishly Tall Europeans

Guest Mr. Murray Head

Yeah, when the biggest star goes from Kimbo to Kyle Noke, I'm not so sure we need a thread. If a lot of people are talking about it, though, we can start something up.

Guest Mr. Murray Head

The top SIXTEEN markets for UFC 111, per capita, were in Canada. GSP is insanely over apparently.

(In order: Halifax, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Hamilton, Saskatoon, St. John's, Windsor, Kingston, Burlington, Regina, Victoria. The top US markets--and I don't know if there were more Canadian ones interspersed with these--were Honolulu, Las Vegas, Sacramento, and Seattle.)

Guest Mr. Murray Head

Most PPV buys per person in that city (i.e. taking away the advantage of Toronto/New York/Los Angeles because they have a lot of people). Only goes for North America for obvious reasons.