UFC News and Discussion Thread

I'm not sure how fair Palhares' suspension is (90 days for those that are unaware). Yes, he did keep the sub on 5 seconds after he tapped, but the ref never really made much of an effort to break it up. Palhares' apologized after the fight saying that it wasn't intentional, and X-rays on Drwal showed there were no fractures. So yeah, I'm kind of baffled on that decision.

He was practically prying him off Drwal, I think it is needed, five seconds can make be the difference between an injury and ending a fighters career when we talk about leg locks.

90 days is fair, whats the likelihood of him fighting within three months anyhow?

EDIT: Yes, he can not have a fight within the next 90days, he is allowed to train obviously

Meh, then it doesn't make the biggest of differences, does it? :/

No, I think it sends out the right message that once the tap occurs be ready for instant release, we don't want to see fighters recieving unneccasary injuries

Now there's rumours of Chuck vs. Randy at UFC 115 in July. Seems to me we won't know anything until we see it on TUF.

I don't want to see that fight, we saw the trilogy, Chuck won 2-1, end of.

I would rather see Chuck/Franklin or Randy/Franklin than see that happen.

So yeah, Dan Hardy is a freak. I was sure he was going to get his arms broken or rip his shoulder muscles or something with the way GSP was just wrenching his arms.

Also, lol @ Frank Mir getting destroyed again. Carwin just pummeled him.

From the angle they showed the kimura lock GSP had on Hardy it seemed like Hardy tapped out slowly and barely but did. The ref wasnt in the position to see it since he was in front of St-Pierre instead of behind him. He is still a very flexible son of a gun.

I think the suspension on Phalhares is fair. As Rich noted, it sends the right kind of message. They are in there as professional fighters, professional being the keyword. When there is a tap or the referee stops it, it's over. No more. But I am glad that Phalhares apologized for it, gets 'the message' across even better. Unless you are Renato Sobral.

I didn't see Hardy tap. I saw him almost tap. He tapped Pierre's thigh twice very slowly but then rolled out. Didn't see him tap fully.

The main issue I have with the Phalhares fight and suspension is that the referee seemed to be out of position. After watching it live and then watching the reply a number of time it seems like it could have very well been much less of an issue had the referee been in a situation to get there faster.

The main issue I have with the Phalhares fight and suspension is that the referee seemed to be out of position. After watching it live and then watching the reply a number of time it seems like it could have very well been much less of an issue had the referee been in a situation to get there faster.

He still doesn't let go once the fights been waved off and the ref is pulling him off, I see no point in defending Paul Harris, he should have let go