UFC News and Discussion Thread

Six hours' gap between the scheduled end of GSP/Hardy and kickoff for Burnley/Blackburn, surely that's ample sleeping time?

Unless you have a ticket to the latter, of course.

Not sure if I'll be watching it, personally. I need to be up at 9, and if I go out tomorrow night, it won't happen. If I stay in, I'll have an early night and wake back up for it, otherwise I'll be watching Sunday afternoon, spoiler-free.

For the GSP/Hardy fight, for some reason, I don't like either of them, but if there is anybody right now that could take GSP's title, it's Hardy. He's won seven straight (two straight decisions, but against Davis and Swick), whil GSP hasn't fought since July, so a little rust there, IMO. For the Mir/Carwin fight, I honestly hate Frank Mir to death. He's arrogant as shit, he's an asshole, but he CAN back his shit up. I mean, there was the 1st round knockout of Kongo bck at UFC 107 (which I never even saw coming at all) and the TKO win over Nogueira at UFC 92. For Carwin, he's 11-0 (3-0 in the UFC), including a 1st round knockout of Gonzaga back at UFC 96. I know some of you might jump on me for saying this, but I strongly believe that whoever wins this fight (i'm pulling for Carwin) is gonna go on to pretty much get knocked out by Lesnar. Lesnar has already beat Mir before, yet Carwin does scare me. So, for me, i'm going Hardy and Carwin to win their bouts. Just don't be suprised if the winner of Mir/Carwin DOES go on to lose to Lesnar for the Undisputed Heavyweight Championship in the near future.

Edited by james_ewing88

I lose an hour because of the clocks going forward, somewhere. And I will be drinking during both.

I'm cramming it all into Sunday, footy match in the morning, Rovers/Burnley, travel to Leicester, watch UFC on delay, bit of SHIMMER, Kebabs, WRESTLEMANIA!, celebration at Undertaker beating Michaels. Good times.

And I'm really hoping Carwin punches Mir right in his big mouth.

I've always said UFC doesn't hold much interest for me, beyond any fighters with pro-wrestling connections and any Aussies involved but I've really been getting into it lately.

Mainly thanks to the One Digitial sports channel. I've seen highlights, retro stuff, previews and the full UFC 110 and Vera vs Jones.

It's all been rather exciting.

Despite that I have seen people bitching saying "GSP didn't finish the fight" It wasn't like he didn't try, everytime he Kimuraed or armbarred Hardy he really sinked it in, and he couldn't make Hardy tap... wow

Also Carwin's knockout of Mir was bitter sweet to me. I loved the finish, but I want to see the third Mir/Lesnar fight so Mir will stop bitching about it and we could have just said "that's it, Brock is better thank you Frank." But I feel that Carwin will do the one thing we haven't seen yet in the unification bout, test Lesnar's chin.

Lesnar/Mir III WILL happen eventually.

Either Brock will lose the belt and it's a ready made main event... or Frank will work his way back up to contention and get a title shot. I don't see the possibility of Lesnar holding the belt for years to come AND Frank Mir falling out of the title hunt completely. Will not happen that way.

I'd actually put money on the third fight now being saved as a way to use them as coaches on a future season of The Ultimate Fighter. Could you imagine a whole season of Team Brock (guys with athletic backgrounds and little to no MMA experience) against Team Mir (Guys who are striclty mixed martial artists)? That would be a great way to spend a season.

I'd actually put money on the third fight now being saved as a way to use them as coaches on a future season of The Ultimate Fighter. Could you imagine a whole season of Team Brock (guys with athletic backgrounds and little to no MMA experience) against Team Mir (Guys who are striclty mixed martial artists)? That would be a great way to spend a season.

If you could get Brock to agree to it, that season would be HUGE!

But you think that Brock would be willing to move to Las Vegas for the amount of time required?

I love the idea, apparently TUF12 could be GSP coaching against the winner of Kos/Daley, so we would be looking to either TUF 13 or 14 before it happens :)

(Damn you MPH <_<)

Guest Mr. Potato Head

TSN is reporting that UFC 115 might be held in Cincinnati instead of Vancouver. Not seeing it anywhere else yet, no idea if TSN's 'source' is legitimate.

I'm not sure how fair Palhares' suspension is (90 days for those that are unaware). Yes, he did keep the sub on 5 seconds after he tapped, but the ref never really made much of an effort to break it up. Palhares' apologized after the fight saying that it wasn't intentional, and X-rays on Drwal showed there were no fractures. So yeah, I'm kind of baffled on that decision.