UFC News and Discussion Thread

Rosenthal fucked up that call and there is no arguing otherwise.

I am flashing back so hard right now. Rosenthal is a god-damned HURRICANE of professional fucking up?

Come now, TC. Nobody wants to listen to the "one opinion to rule them all"...that's why people were so glad Biggz left.

• Like 1

Guys, stop. You cannot argue with this guy. Don't you realize that this SAME GUY hosts an MMA podcast? Surely that means his credentals dwarf yours. You should all just accept that his opinion is correct and be done with it.

• Like 3

Rosenthal fucked up that call and there is no arguing otherwise.

I am flashing back so hard right now. Rosenthal is a god-damned HURRICANE of professional fucking up?

Come now, TC. Nobody wants to listen to the "one opinion to rule them all"...that's why people were so glad Biggz left.

The man isn't wrong.

Lest you forget, Biggz was on the podcast too. They don't let just anyone with a microphone and some hosting space hold those things. There are years of accredation required.

But Biggz was real smart and knew everything about MMA... how dare thee defy him? <_<

I had to pray for my friends souls because they liked a fight Biggz said we weren't allowed to like. :(

Your prayers didn't fall on deaf ears by the look of things...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mr. Potato Head

Decent but not great show last night. Velasquez winning was awesome, I'd like to see him against Dos Santos with the winner getting first shot at the Lesnar/Mir/Carwin winner, but I guess you could also put him against the Mir/Carwin loser.

Wanderlei clearly isn't the Wanderlei of old, but he can still beat somebody at Bisping's level (plus turning it on at the end there was great).

Sotiropolous really impressed me.

Everything went the way that I wanted it to last night, so awesomeness on that level... well save for big Nog losing in the first round, but I have to admit that Velasquez was a fucking beast with the way that he came out of the gates attacking. Rogan was absolutely correct in his call, there wasn't a single ounce of wasted movement there.

I loved watching Cro Cop do what he does best and Wandy pulling out the victory.. those leg sweep takedowns were pretty boss. I seriously hate Bisping and his camp is even worse.. anything that shuts him up for a while is fine in my books.

Actually come to think of it, I wasn't very impressed with the way that Bonnar lost too.. but rules are rules and at least his opponent wasn't a douche about it.

• Like 2

Bad call on the doctor/ref stoppage in the Bonnar/Soszynski fight as it was clearly from a headbutt thus a no contest should've been called. Hopefully Bonnar files a complaint about that and gets it overturned cause a no-contest looks much better than another loss on his career. Sotiropolous/Stevenson had a good fight. Big step up in competition for Sotiropolous and he looked like he belonged there, very impressive performance from him. I'd put him in there next with Tyson Griffin or perhaps Sean Sherk next. Nice job by Lytle, too. And Velasquez looked great in there against Big Nog.

Not sure about the Silva/Bisping decision, it was definitely close, but I feel Bisping was more active during most of the rounds, with Silva just putting in a ten second flurry at the end to impress. Admittedly another 5 five seconds at the end of the second round and Bisping would've been out, but hey, there's time limits, make your move earlier. I thought Bisping ahd the edge with the damage and takedowns too.

The Velasquez knockout was awesome, loved the Joe Daddy fight, the Aussie bloke's got some wicked guard-passing skills. And damn, that dude's head against Cro Cop, I'm surprised that wasn't stopped outright.

Were the HD replay things new for this show? I don't recall seeing them before, but they were really good too. Although, hey let's show Silva's weak-ass left over Bisping's shot that nearly put him down, weak.

The Bisping/Silva fight was close. Bisping won round one, but the submission attempt at the end of round two (you could see by Bisping's reaction after the bell that he was close to being submitted) and the knockdown at the end sealed those two rounds for Silva in close rounds.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I actually had round two for Bisping...he was getting takedowns, and generally in the past submissions at the bell haven't been enough to sway the judges. Definitely can see Wanderlei getting that one though. Three was definitely Wanderlei.

The way I figured it, the striking exchanges were incredibly close... Bisping had the takedowns, but I think Silva countered them with his trip takedowns, rendering them void... and all that's left really is the Submission attempt and the damn near Knock Out of Bisping at the end of the fight. Wanderlei definitely won.

Not sure about the Silva/Bisping decision, it was definitely close, but I feel Bisping was more active during most of the rounds, with Silva just putting in a ten second flurry at the end to impress. Admittedly another 5 five seconds at the end of the second round and Bisping would've been out, but hey, there's time limits, make your move earlier. I thought Bisping ahd the edge with the damage and takedowns too.

Yeah, I basically read it the same way as you did. Bisping worked more, but I guess it was just the manner of the finishing out the rounds that cost him. I can see why it went to Silva, but it could just have easily gone to Bisping.

And Gabriel, whilst the leg trip takedowns were awesome, Bisping did take him down about 5 times, a couple really nice ones and a few more ragged ones, so I wouldn't say they should have rendered them void, as there was nowhere near the same number.

I also find hatred for Bisping kinda funny, because to me at least, it always seems like he is playing the game more than anything else, talking and getting his opponents riled up and getting heat, essentially. Serra did the same thing with GSP IIRC, anyway to drum up a bit more interest. If the guy was really the prick they think he is, surely he would have moaned and complained about a tight decision to Joe Rogan, instead of talking about his respect for Wanderlei, and apologising to his fans?

The only problem I see with Bisping is that he doesn't have enough game to take it to the next level, as he has come up short against anyone with real quality. Although part of me was glad that Silva won, because it keeps him marginally relevant, and perhaps he can use it as a springboard to get back up the rankings.