UFC News and Discussion Thread

And then there's this:

JohnsonStruve.jpg

And if this was Japan, they'd be fighting.

From that article.

(Sources inform us that the Octagon Girls for the UFC Japan show will be Chandella Powell, Rachelle Leah, and Hard Gay.)

Ok.

MPH, why you being so silly and telling me Rachelle won ADCC?

The early stoppage sucks but that's MMA. It's a sport, not a fight to the unconsciousness. I haven't gotten a chance to watch the fight again but I remember Charlie was back peddling, turning away from Anthony before the head kick, then went right down and it looked like Rumble could have followed up and had him in a vulnerable position. It looked bad on scene and that's what mattered to the ref when he made the call. It happens. Unless you have the respect of the ref after earning some sort of reputation, he should stop it before he thinks its going to get ugly.

The early stoppage sucks but that's MMA. It's a sport, not a fight to the unconsciousness. I haven't gotten a chance to watch the fight again but I remember Charlie was back peddling, turning away from Anthony before the head kick, then went right down and it looked like Rumble could have followed up and had him in a vulnerable position. It looked bad on scene and that's what mattered to the ref when he made the call. It happens. Unless you have the respect of the ref after earning some sort of reputation, he should stop it before he thinks its going to get ugly.

I agree. Rumble was kicking his arse. I don't think Charlie stood a chance and was being dominated. This wasn't a knock down where it was a lucky shot and he might have sprung up and knocked Rumble out, this was a knock down where he'd been dominated from the start pretty much. Plus the way he went down looked like he was out and woke up during the fall.

Cruz looked great. It looked like he changed the game plan on the fly and never missed a beat. It was a great fight for him in that he got the chance to show he isn't just a guy who can use fancy footwork to grind out a win. Just a shame he couldn't submit him. But I don't find him at all boring. He engages and throws loads of combos, it's just that he can't seem to generate the necessary power to knock someone out.

Machida? What the fuck?

He's going to make Jones look good by getting knocked the fuck out. For similar see Henderson, Dan vs Rua, Mauricio.

5 decisions so far, let's hope the main card isn't gonna be like that.

EDIT: Make that 6

EDIT 2: I can definitely see another 3 or 4 decisions on the main card.

Was that one of them?

Just because a fight goes to a decision, it doesn't mean it was a bad fight, look at Edgar-Maynard II.

No, that's the only fight I expected to finish, not so quickly however.

And I know it doesn't mean a bad fight, I wasn't predicting bad fights, just long fights. :P

Personally I feel like his shenanigans have crossed the line from being harmless fun with the media to being a cynical attempt at self-promotion. He's saying and doing anything he can to get himself the best deal. I genuinely like Koscheck a lot more than him :wacko:

Personally I feel like his shenanigans have crossed the line from being harmless fun with the media to being a cynical attempt at self-promotion. He's saying and doing anything he can to get himself the best deal. I genuinely like Koscheck a lot more than him :wacko:

Show me someone who says they wouldn't do the same and I'll show you a liar.

It's excactly what he is doing, he's not stupid. The rematch will do monster numbers, he wins, great, he's a UFC Champion, rich as all balls and doesn't have to fight Silva again. He loses, he's rich as all balls and retired. Either way, Sonnen wins.