UFC News and Discussion Thread

According to Cage Potato's Facebook page, which links to one of their articles, the UFC is planning to run cards in both Japan and Vegas on the same day akin to Wrestlemania 2.. I'm interested in seeing how in the fuck Dana pulls that one off.

Magic!

Oh and timezones.

Jones got in Rampage's head at the start when he started the match down on his knees, sending a message that whatever Jackson was expecting, Jones was going to do something else. What Rampage should have tried doing from the start were leg kicks and see if it would weaken Jones' ability to stand up. But instead Rampage just looked mesmerized out there, as a fan you like to see both guys be equals and I think with different preparation that match could have seen the two be equals. But people still aren't ready to face Jones, maybe his next fight will be different since Rashad has a lot of preparation at the same gym as Jones and now knows to believe the hype.

Jones had a 12 inch(!) reach advantage, the only thing Rampage attempting low kicks would of achieved would be Jones putting him in a coma.

...You know what reach IS, right?

Yes I do, (it's the width from fingertip to fingertip) it's the thing that would have allowed Jones to bury his arms up to his elbows in Rampage's face whilst Rampage stands in the pocket using his stubby legs to kick limply at Jones'.

Guest mr. potato head

Considering the like 20 hour time difference, it shouldn't be that hard.

EDIT: Ok, 20 hours might be a bit of an exaggeration.

Considering they're running the Japan show at noon Japanese time, or whatever the equivalent to normal PPV time is, yeah, it's a bit odd.

Last week's Dream PPV was live at 3am in the US.. but yeah, if they have a morning show which I'm sure they do with the Australian shows? It shouldn't be that huge of a problem, maybe in Japan, but their biggest market is probably the US. So they just get 2 shows in 2 nights, it'll be like the new year's weekend when they do 2 shows in 3 nights.

Even the height difference between Struve and Barry is hilariously scary.

Barry-Struve_staredown_presser_medium.jpg

And kudos to Struve for all the short jokes he's been coming up with for the last few months.

Last night was a really good card of fights. Struve looked great with that finish, he just needs to prove himself against a top level opponent. The Johnson/Brennemann fight at the time I thought was possibly an OK call, but the replay made me think otherwise. The Wiman/Danzig fight was excellent too.

The main event was a really good, close fight. Not in the sense that the rounds were debatable, because Cruz was clearly winning, but Johnson always seemed like he was in the fight. If he had a bit more power to land some significant shots, it could have been a different fight on the scorecards. Johnson will be a beast at 125lbs next year.

Edited by ferencpuskas