General boxing thread

EddieG

Joshua is a very good technical boxer as well. He couldn't have had the amateur career he did if he wasn't. Usyk is widely regarded as one of the top pound-for-pound fighters in the world, though. Besides Briedis, nobody's really come close to beating him.

I actually think Usyk might be even more of a problem for Fury, whose major strength is being awkward and counter-punching. With Usyk's rangy jab and speed, I think he could out-Fury Fury.

Usyk putting himself in a strong position to win on points and it's going to end up being a case of Joshua having to win by knockout if it keeps on like it has been. 

Usyk is boxing very smartly getting in and out. Joshua needs to let his hands go 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, The Kraig said:

I think Fury/Wilder III might be my favourite modern boxing match. Fury's conditioning is baffling. Could do without all the Jesus stuff with every single interview, especially from a guy who loves Sin City.

Fury and Wilder are both pieces of shit, so I could do without either TBH, but that is one of the best heavyweight fights Ive seen. Had all of the stakes. These guys were both 6’7 and 6’9, these are not small heavyweights. Damn. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...