Smackdown vs Raw 2011

jrtdot

lol. so according to Stephenson, the SmackDown spot moved off the website is.........a playable Druid.

That's a pretty exciting add--druids are pretty versatile. I'm looking forward to playing a wrestler who can tank, heal, deal damage, buff, anything the party needs.

• Like 5

• Admin

In the process of what, not having Hurricane playable or the only defending titles on PPV?

Not having the Hurricane playable.

There are more models that make it into the game than usually are seen in game - I'd think that by the time THQ/Yukes had coded up the Rey storyline, WWE made the call that they didn't want Helms on the roster (probably linked to wellness related issues) - so rather than scrap the whole RTWM, they left him in as unplayable.

I guess so, I just don't see the point in removing stuff from the game that isn't going to really hurt their image. It's not like we're leaving Benoit in the game, it's just the Hurricane. It doesn't matter much either way as I'm sure very few of us would use him. I understand your points, I just don't agree with it. Again though, it the grand scheme of things I'm just nitpicking.

I think we're being a bit harsh, especially when its not even out yet. Odds are the Raws and Smackdowns etc leading up will build to the big events where I assume you'll get either less shenanigans or bigger 'PPV standard' shenanigans rather than it just being something they've written out. Marginally annoying if you were after a Wrestlemania 2000-esque title mode with previous champs etc, but this seems to be going for a WWE TV simulation where PPV only title matches are probably near enough accurate.

Personally I can't wait, not bought a Smackdown since the PS2 days but this sounds ace, just hope it plays as well.

• Like 1

lol. so according to Stephenson, the SmackDown spot moved off the website is.........a playable Druid.

That's a pretty exciting add--druids are pretty versatile. I'm looking forward to playing a wrestler who can tank, heal, deal damage, buff, anything the party needs.

Amazing.

That said, I'm amazed we haven't seen 'Taker's druids wrestle already in real life. Just shove a couple of developmental guys under a robe, while you're hyping Undertaker returning from BEYOND THE GRAVE in time for the Royal Rumble, have heel du jour that keeps getting freaked out by lightning and lights switching off squash a couple of them.

Also, I love this screenshot;

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2011-20101014012135308.jpg

Edited by Skummy

I'm more concerned about there being two light sources in that room. The man in the suit's shadow indicates that there is one behind him and Cena's indicates one from above and that his right arm is actually coming out of the side of the soda machine. This leads me to believe this whole thing is a hoax!

All I want to know is why Michael Cole is attacking John Cena.

I feel like you're insulting Chris Jericho, and I hate that.

All I want to know is why Michael Cole is attacking John Cena.

Because The Miz told him to.

Shut up.

• Like 1

So with the release right around the corner, what order will you play the Road to WMs in?

I'll probably go:

-Jericho

-Christian

-Vs Undertaker (by this point my CAW will hopefully be done, or I'll find a good Daniel Bryan)

-Cena

-Mysterio

Pretty sure all 5 Vs Undertaker stories are the same but with different VO. I may play a few others just to make different decisions. Can't see myself playing through all 5 unless there's an achievement for doing so (see: I don't want to see R-Truth end Taker's streak)

So with the release right around the corner, what order will you play the Road to WMs in?

I'll probably go:

-Jericho

-Christian

-Vs Undertaker (by this point my CAW will hopefully be done, or I'll find a good Daniel Bryan)

-Cena

-Mysterio

Pretty sure all 5 Vs Undertaker stories are the same but with different VO. I may play a few others just to make different decisions. Can't see myself playing through all 5 unless there's an achievement for doing so (see: I don't want to see R-Truth end Taker's streak)

I have a strong feeling that no matter what we'll do Undertaker will win at Wrestlemania and that'll be the end of the story. He'll probably help you up, shake your hand, etc. Much like the aftermath of HBK/Taker.

I'll probably go:

-Jericho

-Christian

-Cena

-Mysterio

I have a strong feeling that no matter what we'll do Undertaker will win at Wrestlemania and that'll be the end of the story. He'll probably help you up, shake your hand, etc. Much like the aftermath of HBK/Taker.

I'm a little split on whether I'd enjoy that or not. On one hand, it'd be pretty cool to see Taker's streak be kept in tact, even in the game, but on the other hand, it'd be kind of a rip-off to go through the whole storyline and not get a chance to actually win the final match.