Smackdown vs Raw 2011

jrtdot

Quite tempted to buy this now. What is the extent of the freedom of WWE Universe? Like say if I, for example, wanted to get rid of all the new wrestlers cause I don't really know them and replace Raw and Smackdown respectively with WWF and WCW from like 1997...could I do that? And if so, would it function okay? I used to hate the GM Mode on SD 2k7 because all CAWs started with 0 popularity and therefore wouldn't be able to progress anywhere.

One issue I'm noticing is that a lot of guys movesets are fucked. I get it, John Morrison doesn't do the Moonlight Drive much anymore, but why put Starship Pain in both slots when Moonlight Drive is in the game? Also, Jericho's signatures are two Walls of Jericho and his finishers are two of the exact same Codebreakers. Huh? CM Punk has the same GTS in both slots, but the Anaconda Vice is in the game, just not assigned to him. Big Show has the spear in both signature slots and a knockout punch in both finishers, but no chokeslam, and they don't even use his downed opponent knockout punch he had last year.

Also, they took out the fucking Lionsault! I know it's a THQ/Yukes tradition to remove as many moves as possible every year, but why the fuck would you take out the Lionsault, which I'm pretty sure has been in the game since Jericho became a WWE Superstar.

Just the ones I've noticed so far, but right now I'm focusing on fixing as many movesets as I can.

It's a lot of fun thus far. I'm still adjusting to the game play, I'm still stuck on 2010. It's good though, it feels similar to last year, though a bit slowed down. I think they took out the mounted punching which is a damn shame.

Create a wrestler has a few new additions, but is basically the same as last year. Seems they didn't fix the problem of boots sticking out from tighter pants if you guys know what I mean.

Do you still unlock people via Road to Wrestlmania, or can it be done in Universe mode now?

Edit - Apparantly it can be in Universe mode. Just unlocked Kozlov. I don't know if there are some that have to be done in Road to Wrestlemania however.

Edited by Stryker77

I've also unlocked Kozlov and Ryder... Ryder was especially fun, Vince sent him out to fight Evan Bourne on Superstars after a shocking victory over Sheamus, who is also the #1 contender for the WWE Title. So you know what that means?

Zack Ryder is mixing it up with a guy who fought the guy that's the #1 Contender! Zack Ryder = Future WWE Champion!

Go figure, I lost my first match. Tag match with my CAW and diva CAW (friend of mine asked me to make her) against Zack Ryder & Alicia Fox. Accidentally hit the referee with a clothesline because I was still getting used to the controls. DQ fail.

Lovin' the game big time at the moment, but it looks like I'm gonna have to tinker with my moveset to avoid this happening again :P

Need to stop reading this thread, it's making me want to go rent this game <_<

Ditto.

Everytime I look at this thread I begin to obsessivlly check my phone to see if I've got an email telling me it's being shipped out.

I might just go to Blockbuster and rent it until my copy get's shipped out to me <_<

I've also unlocked Kozlov and Ryder... Ryder was especially fun, Vince sent him out to fight Evan Bourne on Superstars after a shocking victory over Sheamus, who is also the #1 contender for the WWE Title. So you know what that means?

Zack Ryder is mixing it up with a guy who fought the guy that's the #1 Contender! Zack Ryder = Future WWE Champion!

I haven't unlocked Ryder yet. I want to. Just because I love his music.

I'm picking up my copy on the way home from college tomorrow. Really excited about this.

I'm sure there probably aren't (m)any uploaded yet, but does anyone have any idea if you can edit downloaded CAWs this year? Editing the actual model doesn't matter to me that much; I just want to be able to edit the profile and, particularly, the entrance music. I don't think you could last year.