Smackdown vs Raw 2011

jrtdot

I got so jaded with last year's game. I could never find a difficulty level that was just right. It was either too easy or a complete reversal fest with a strong grapple literally impossible.

No doubt I'll be completely powerless to resist buying it when I see the first screen shot of Sheamus!

I got so jaded with last year's game. I could never find a difficulty level that was just right. It was either too easy or a complete reversal fest with a strong grapple literally impossible.

No doubt I'll be completely powerless to resist buying it when I see the first screen shot of Sheamus!

Yeah. He's this years Jack Swagger. I'll probably buy it just for the chance to kick people in the face, fella.

From the interviews I watched from GamingRing where they spoke to Corey Ledesma and Bryan Williams, they only showed TLC in order to show off the new dynamic physic that are in the game. Williams also said that they added new moves including to the Create A Finisher where he said you can create Douglas Williams' Chaos Theory suplex. Here are the links to the interviews:

Bryan Williams pt. I & II: I - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3t002CUBv4&feature=channel

II - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gNYDGlUrMA&feature=channel

Corey Ledesma: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4MK7YEtkAg&feature=channel

They pretty much said all they're showing off at E3 this year was the dynamic physics and that there will be a big reveal later this summer at Summerslam.

The only thing I really want to know is if the NXT Rookies will make it into the game.

I would be surprised if they didn't since it says the game will have over 70 superstars and divas. They would have to include nearly 100% of the current RAW and Smackdown rosters to get to 70 without including people from NXT.

In years past, Bryan Williams has seemed to be way more honest and down-to-earth than Cory Ledesma...so as such I tend to trust Williams more. He was asked if it was true that there would be over 70 guys on the roster this year, and he said yes.

Now, it could certainly wind up being bullshit (like the year where they said there would be 75 characters in the game and they wound up meaning it literally - including ring announcers, referees, etc.) - but I couldn't help but do my annual "roster prediction".

Factoring in that the cutoff every year seems to be WrestleMania - here's a guess at the roster:

Raw

Alicia Fox

Chris Jericho

David Hart Smith

Edge

Evan Bourne

Eve

Ezekiel Jackson

Gail Kim

Goldust

The Great Khali

John Cena

John Morrison

Mark Henry

Maryse

Melina

The Miz

Natalya

Randy Orton

R-Truth

Santino Marella

Sheamus

Ted DiBiase

Triple H

Tyson Kidd

Vladimir Kozlov

William Regal

Yoshi Tatsu

Zack Ryder

SmackDown

Beth Phoenix

Big Show

Chavo Guerrero

Christian

CM Punk

Cody Rhodes

Dolph Ziggler

Drew McIntyre

Jack Swagger

JTG

Kane

Kelly Kelly

Kofi Kingston

Layla

Luke Gallows

Matt Hardy

Michelle McCool

MVP

Rey Mysterio

Rosa Mendes

Shad Gaspard

The Undertaker

NXT

Darren Young

David Otunga

Heath Slater

Justin Gabriel

Michael Tarver

Skip Sheffield

Wade Barrett

Future Endeavors

Batista

Carlito

Daniel Bryan

Mickie James

Shelton Benjamin

Legends/Others

Bret Hart

Mr. McMahon

Shawn Michaels

---

That's 65, and assuming the "over 70" thing was true, that leaves 5+ spots for other people (legends, stupid characters like the Red/Green guys, etc.) If NXT doesn't make it in, that leaves even more spots for legends or damn near the entire active roster including the biggest of jobbers.

Edited by kbusch22

I'd kinda like nXT in and the more the merrier.... but I just can't picture anyone playing the Ginger Ninja Heath Slater.

He'll probably be used as the guy I use in my first match to remember how to play. Or if they have the stupid TRAINING CHECKLIST thing again, he'll be the one I assign to get beaten up on.

You see guys? Even Heath Slater has his uses.

In years past, Bryan Williams has seemed to be way more honest and down-to-earth than Cory Ledesma...so as such I tend to trust Williams more. He was asked if it was true that there would be over 70 guys on the roster this year, and he said yes.

Now, it could certainly wind up being bullshit (like the year where they said there would be 75 characters in the game and they wound up meaning it literally - including ring announcers, referees, etc.) - but I couldn't help but do my annual "roster prediction".

Factoring in that the cutoff every year seems to be WrestleMania - here's a guess at the roster:

Raw

Alicia Fox

Chris Jericho

David Hart Smith

Edge

Evan Bourne

Eve

Ezekiel Jackson

Gail Kim

Goldust

The Great Khali

John Cena

John Morrison

Mark Henry

Maryse

Melina

The Miz

Natalya

Randy Orton

R-Truth

Santino Marella

Sheamus

Ted DiBiase

Triple H

Tyson Kidd

Vladimir Kozlov

William Regal

Yoshi Tatsu

Zack Ryder

SmackDown

Beth Phoenix

Big Show

Chavo Guerrero

Christian

CM Punk

Cody Rhodes

Dolph Ziggler

Drew McIntyre

Jack Swagger

JTG

Kane

Kelly Kelly

Kofi Kingston

Layla

Luke Gallows

Matt Hardy

Michelle McCool

MVP

Rey Mysterio

Rosa Mendes

Shad Gaspard

The Undertaker

NXT

Darren Young

David Otunga

Heath Slater

Justin Gabriel

Michael Tarver

Skip Sheffield

Wade Barrett

Future Endeavors

Batista

Carlito

Daniel Bryan

Mickie James

Shelton Benjamin

Legends/Others

Bret Hart

Mr. McMahon

Shawn Michaels

---

That's 65, and assuming the "over 70" thing was true, that leaves 5+ spots for other people (legends, stupid characters like the Red/Green guys, etc.) If NXT doesn't make it in, that leaves even more spots for legends or damn near the entire active roster including the biggest of jobbers.

NxT season two rookies!! DON'T FORGET ABOUT KAVAL!!

The only people that might not make it are the NXT rookies. Everyone else that wasn't in the last game (Zack Ryder, Yoshi Tatsu, Sheamus, Hart Dynasty, Zeke and McIntyre I think are all of them) will be in there. I fully expect a few legends this time around, even if they're just Shawn Michaels and maybe Dusty Rhodes and Ted DiBiase.

Why wouldn't Sheamus make the cut? He was with WWE months before the last game came out.

Yeah, it was a joke.

The joke being, as you've pointed out above, that the cut off point is annoying as there's always certain superstars who aren't in the game because of it. :shifty:

Chris Masters will be in it, too, because he's already programmed into the game.

I actually had Masters in my roster...then realized I forgot about Rey Mysterio :blush:

If the NXT guys don' get in - that would free up 8 more spots. They'd probably go to Chris Masters, Primo, Mike Knox, Slam Master J, Jimmy Wang Yang, The Bella Twins, and either Jillian or Serena. Loads of future endeavored guys in that list, but they were around at the likely cutoff point and many have been in the game before so that always helps your chances of getting in.

15 divas would irk me slightly - they had 12 last year and it felt like too many. I never use them unless I have to. But every year it seems like there's an outcry for more divas at places like IGN and GFaqs, so an increase in numbers wouldn't be surprising.

• 1 month later...

It's August now and there's still been next to no new information about this game.

The only remotely news-worthy thing is just a rumor I've seen on several sites and it sounds too stupid to believe. Some sort of invasion-type RTWM involving Christian, John Morrison, Sheamus, Jack Swagger, Evan Bourne, Chavo Guerrero, and Vladimir Kozlov. Presumably they'd be representing ECW, which would not only be hugely outdated in and of itself, but most of those guys were off the ECW brand by early-to-mid 2009. Plus the guys picked for it are so random. Why Morrison but no Miz? Why Kozlov but no Zeke? Why not use former ECW champs like Henry or Hardy? etc.

The only reason to think that news rumor is true is that an interview in late June suggested that the RTWM modes were still in their early stages. Perhaps they decided they wanted to make a Nexus-like storyline but had to improvise since the NXT Season 1 rookies likely aren't in the game? I mean, there ARE 7 guys. Even though they won't all be on screen at once unless something's changed.

I dunno. 99% likely that it's just a dumb rumor with nothing behind it.