Smackdown vs Raw 2011

jrtdot

Yeah, it was the same with knee and elbow pads, too. I hope they fix that problem because otherwise, it'll hurt the create-a-wrestler feature for me as 2010 was one of the first SD Series games where I had no motivation to create anyone due to the part choices and how they were put out.

And another thing, it looks like 2011 has brought back the old WMX8-XIX/DoR style of weapons usage. Meaning that you can do any move onto any weapon and it'll take hold. It seems as though you don't have to do the whole drag/throw someone into a table thing anymore, which is a huge plus.

Any word on additions to Story Designer?

Not much has been said about it other than that although there is still a limit to CAW usage, it's been increased this year. Hopefully it got increased to a large enough number that it's actually worth using CAWs in the story.

I'd also have to assume they've upped the number of cutscenes to use and such, but we'll see.

Apparently at SummerSlam Axxess last week, the achievements were viewable. A bunch are locked/surprises, but the ones that are known from the start were free for viewing. The main noteworthy points are that there are a bunch of achievements from winning titles/MITB/stuff like that with your CAW in WWE Universe Mode. And also, the Road to WMs are:

Vs. Undertaker

John Cena

Chris Jericho

Christian

Rey Mysterio

Not sure if there's a sixth one, if there is they didn't make an achievement for it. The Vs. Undertaker one sounds the most interesting. I think it will be similar to the Brand Warfare story from last year in that you have more than one person you can choose to play as, hence why it's the Vs. Undertaker story and not the, say, Batista story.

They've already announced that they're returning to the No Mercy model for Create-A-Wrestler, which means that Sheamus will perpetually be stuck with Billy Gunn's shit-eating grin plastered on his face.

So what does that mean for those who have never played No Mercy?

Apparently at SummerSlam Axxess last week, the achievements were viewable. A bunch are locked/surprises, but the ones that are known from the start were free for viewing. The main noteworthy points are that there are a bunch of achievements from winning titles/MITB/stuff like that with your CAW in WWE Universe Mode. And also, the Road to WMs are:

Vs. Undertaker

John Cena

Chris Jericho

Christian

Rey Mysterio

Not sure if there's a sixth one, if there is they didn't make an achievement for it. The Vs. Undertaker one sounds the most interesting. I think it will be similar to the Brand Warfare story from last year in that you have more than one person you can choose to play as, hence why it's the Vs. Undertaker story and not the, say, Batista story.

It's either a Brand Warfare story or a CAW story. I'm leaning toward the latter.

I really, really hope this is like SmackDown! 2... me and my best friend played that all the time. Played it on the hardest difficulty setting which I was good at and he was not. It was always funny seeing his CAW facing Hardcore Holly in an exhibition match and then my CAW in the main event facing the Rock for the WWF/E Championship.

I have no idea why they keep taking it out. Granted, they don't really need it when they put damn near 15 belts in the game, including retired belts and belts that never existed, but it can't be that time consuming. Hell, that's one thing that SHOULD be copy and pasted into each game, put a couple plates on a piece of leather, name it and defend it like any other belt... what's the problem?

• Like 1

Time for the annual "is it real or is it photoshopped?" SVR image controversy!

arenaj.jpg

If it's fake, good job to whoever did it. With WWE changing their minds on PPVs constantly, it makes sense that several of these shows no longer exist, and it's in the order the shows were run in 2009. My main confusion would be why they bothered leaving No Way Out in if they managed to get the Elimination Chamber (aka the exact same PPV) arena in, unless they just figured it may as well stay since they already put it in before EC was announced (plus it'd give a nice even 20 arenas).

Furthermore, somebody at SummerSlam Axxess posted the arena select screen and the only choices were SD, Raw, and SummerSlam (with SummerSlam being in a different spot). The logos were also different. That's probably just a demo version, but that's the reason I think it's fake. How did somebody get access to all the arenas? I mean, you can SEE a reflection of somebody taking a picture, but it's fishy at best.

The only reason this is even remotely important is because it would reveal whether or not NXT is in the game (it's selected so you can see the NXT logo in the background). Of course, I'd leave it to THQ to keep the NXT arena in but still not include the Season 1 guys.