Smackdown vs Raw 2011

jrtdot

Some screenshots:

http://community.sma...ank-screenshots

Is it just me... or did they decide to... you know, make it look... not as good?

Yeah, it's not looking so great :/

I will try and resist buying the game this year, since, yeah, '10 was good for about a week. Then it was the same old, same old.

The screenshots look fine, but the fact that they've said nothing about the game besides "we have an improved TLC match," is hardly encouraging. I really feel like this is going to fall into my "skip a year... or two" category. The only thing that would get me to buy this is if they've added a metric shitload of stuff to Create-a-Story, but their silence leads me to believe it'll literally be copy & pasted from last year's.

I really, really, really wish THQ would lose the license.

• Admin

I'm more optimistic, with the fact they openly said there'd be no major details until after SummerSlam, and the TLC was being shown / hyped just to show the new physics more than anything.

That said, I do have a checklist of things I want to see this year (which I think are really basic) which if left off could cause me to skip it

Jesus...that sounds utterly brilliant. I've wanted a return to the 'free roaming' playability of the season mode since they last properly did it in SYM (the best story mode done IMO, just better than HCTP) and the WWE Universe idea sounds right up my street, brilliant. Not having to build up created guys will be a great too, as will a variety of other small things such as the title belt names, bigger HIAC and all that. Plus it's good you can turn it off if you just wanna have a fuck about in Exhibition with your mates. All of that sounds phenomenal, so here's hoping it lives up to the hype!

• Like 1

well the storyline mode if you want to call it that and the whole ideas sound a lot better, I haven't got hyped about recent games but after not picking one up for a while this seems like a good one to go with. I just want to be Zack Ryder and walk around backstage going WOO WOO WOO at all the superstars and divas.

The WWE Universe mode will probably get me to buy this game after I didn't even bother playing last years. It sounds like the story mode from Smackdown 2 with elements of SYM and HCTP thrown in, and SD2 was my favourite story mode from any WWE game. I spent ages as a kid creating stables and getting a giddy thrill when you'd get a "Now Loading" screen to indicate an incoming cut-scene (which the random cutscene feature in SVR2011 sounds exactly like) as I hoped it'd be one of my stable hanging out or beating someone up. I mean, 9 times out of 10 it was "HARDCORE HOLLY HAS ARRIVED AT THE ARENA", but the 1 time when it was my created stable doing a Nexus-style beatdown was worth it.

Well I stand corrected. Sounds extremely good, but I'm a bit worried by the complete lack of mentioning anything related to Story Designer. I feel like it could be one of those infamous THQ cut and paste jobs.

Still, WWE Universe sounds beyond fantastic and exactly the kind of sweeping change the genre has needed for years now. Definitely sounds like a step in the right direction.

• Like 1

I always follow what happens with the games every year, but I just don't follow wrestling as much anymore. I really wish they would've done this before I lost interest though, sounds amazing. I would totally go for a game like this with the Legends of Wrestlemania roster. Actually, I think that would be on my top 5 dream video games...

The one thing that got me sucked in was the WWE Universe. Hell, that's all I do right now on SVR 2010, after I unlocked everything. I would just put on shows, see who wins, pu on storylines, etc. I'm def getting this game. Hell, watching that little video they had (and seeing Sheamus, fella) looke fucking AWESOME!!! Oh, and The Miz, of course. Yes, I agree with everyone else about how hoping the whole WWE Universe is like SD2, SYM, HCTP rolled into one, because if it is...SVR 11 might, in my book, take the title of "Best SmackDown Game" from HCTP.

WWE Universe mode looks tremendous. Just hoping the actual in-ring wrestling is better. It was a bit better in last years game than it has been in many, many years, but it's still barely been innovated in years and gets dry and stale very quickly.

Yeah, after reading that preview, I definitely want to play the game - if the gameplay isn't as repetitive as it's been for a while, I'll get it.

I mean, as good as the 'WWE Universe' mode sounds, it's all about the gameplay for me. I can do that sort of stuff in EWR. If the gameplay is as boring as it gets (fast) in 2010, the mode and the game becomes redundant.