10. Triple H
  11. Big Show
  12. Evan Bourne
  13. Christian
  14. Edge
  15. Michelle McCool
  16. Eve Torres

http://community.smackdownvsraw.com/forums/topic/7655

Time to start speculating on the final 70...

Starting with people on the WWE.com Power 25:

17. Kane

18. Wade Barrett

19. David Otunga

20. Heath Slater

21. Skip Sheffield

22. Justin Gabriel

23. Michael Tarver

24. Darren Young

25. Dolph Ziggler

26. Alicia Fox

27. Layla

28. Kofi Kingston

29. "Dashing" Cody Rhodes

30. Tyson Kidd

31. David Hart Smith

32. CM Punk

33. Luke Gallows

34. Serena

35. Drew McIntyre

36. MVP

37. Melina

38. Ted DiBiase

39. Maryse

40. The Great Khali

There were 11 Divas last year and we're at 7 right now. Adding the ones from last year that are still with the WWE and a couple more to round out the roster gives us:

41. Beth Phoenix

42. Brie Bella

43. Gail Kim

44. Kelly Kelly

45. Natalya

46. Nikki Bella

47. Tiffany

48. Jillian

Now for the Superstars that were in last year:

49. Chavo Guerrero

50. Ezekiel Jackson

51. Finlay

52. Goldust

53. John Morrison

54. JTG

55. Mark Henry

56. Matt Hardy

57. Primo

58. R-Truth

59. Santino Marella

60. Shad

61. Vladimir Kozlov

62. William Regal

Legends:

63. Steve Austin

64. The Rock

65. Shawn Michaels

66. [insert Another Legend]

Last Two Locks:

67. Zack Ryder

68. Yoshi Tatsu

On The Bubble

69. Daniel Bryan

70. Chris Masters

71. Curt Hawkins

72. Vance Archer

Out

73. Rosa Mendes

74. Trent Barreta

75. Caylen Croft

76. Tyler Reks

77. Joey Mercury

78. Jey Uso

79. Jimmy Uso

80. Tamina

That looks about right-I had a look at WWE's current roster earlier and when people got released last year who were in the game, and although it's pushing it a bit Mickie James, Shelton Benjamin & Batista MIGHT make it in, since JBL, Umaga and Kennedy were in last year. Shawn Michaels surely must be in as a legend, and I'll be a bit surprised if Masters doesn't make it in. Danielson should make it if the other Nexus guys are in too.

I know they left a good while back now but I'd be pretty happy if Shelton & Mickie James made it in, I quite enjoy playing as them on '10.

Well I stand corrected. Sounds extremely good, but I'm a bit worried by the complete lack of mentioning anything related to Story Designer. I feel like it could be one of those infamous THQ cut and paste jobs.

Still, WWE Universe sounds beyond fantastic and exactly the kind of sweeping change the genre has needed for years now. Definitely sounds like a step in the right direction.

I'd mark if they found a way to combine the two (i.e. you could download stories like you can in 2010, and have them run at random alongside the premade segments in the WWE Universe)

Could someone copy and paste any text that might be in that link for me? IGN is apparently on the list of sites that Home Depot's wifi network has blocked (along with gmail, Twitter, Facebook, and Sporcle of all things).

Only for you, GoGo. Theres fucking tons of this so spoiler tag AWAY!

I write about the SmackDown vs. Raw franchise a lot, and when I do, I usually start with some anecdote about the life I've spent with wrestling games. After playing WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011, I can tell you that there's no time for that – there's simply too much to discuss.

Need an overview of what you're about to get into? Free-roaming backstage environments are back, you no longer have to earn your Create-A-Superstars attributes, Hell in a Cell has been revamped and includes weapons under the ring, and pretty much anything you're doing outside of the Road to WrestleMania storylines or online matches is taking place in "WWE Universe," a mode that wraps storylines, feuds and a programming schedule into one package that's always evolving and changing.

In short: holy crap.

SmackDown vs. Raw fans are a hardcore lot, but if you're just jumping on the wrestling game wagon, the basics are that WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011 is coming to a videogame system near you this October and packing the action and presentation you expect from WWE programming. It'll pack a more current roster of Superstars than SVR 2010 (of the 70-plus wrestlers, the Undertaker, Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, The Miz, John Cena, Sheamus, Rey Mysterio, Jack Swagger, Triple H, Big Show, Evan Bourne, Christian, Edge, Bret Hart, Michelle McCool, and Eve are confirmed), gameplay improvements, and a whole bunch more.

With the noobs satisfied, let's get to brass tacks and geek out over what THQ is adding this time around. The biggest change -- at least in my eyes – is WWE Universe. Basically, this shoves everything you do in exhibition, all of the championships, all of the stables and rivalries system, and whatever else into one mode that's always active. When WWE Universe is on, it's going to give you an event – Raw, Superstars, SmackDown or a pay-per-view – and an event card. This isn't generated at random. This is a card based on the feuds and friendships that exist on your system as well as rankings. Now, if you don't like the matches, you're free to change them however you like – different people, different stipulations, etc. – and the game will react, remember, and craft the story around it.

It's career mode without having a career mode. It's a constant WWE at your fingertips where you can pull the strings (you still get to choose who are champs as well as who are friends and who are rivals if you want). If you don't like the look of a particular card, you can change it or sim past it to the next show, which leads into the next event, which leads into the PPV, and so on. When this is happening, the folks in the federation are building friendships and creating enemies. The game notices this and modifies the WWE relationships, and this then leads to one of 100 random cutscenes before, during and after your matches. This is stuff like your foe attacking you during your entrance, a match changing on the fly, and so on.

All of this actually matters, as well. There's a ranking system in WWE Universe that shows where certain Superstars stand in the federation. As you play – and keep in mind, you can play as whomever you want or as many people as you want – your character or characters start to move in the rankings and vie for number one contender spots and championships. You need to earn your ticket to the top… or at least jump in and edit it so that you're the champ.

WWE Universe is the career mode of WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011. If you don't like it and you just want the traditional exhibition matches without the suggestions and presentation, you can turn the mode off by clicking the thumbstick at the main menu.

Personally, I can't see why you'd want to turn the damn thing off – it looks awesome. Back in high school when I was salivating over the create-a-PPV options in the SmackDown series on the PSone, I had a notebook filled with matches and rivalries I wanted to play out. WWE Universe seems like it's going to let you do this, but it'll take care of the heavy lifting and make events and relationships happen as they need to. Instead of me commentating my own matches and making up stories for why things are going on in the squared circle, the game will do it for me. Plus, there's a layer presentation gloss that's top notch as it themes the menu screens around whatever the next show is and uses loading screens to promote the next PPV.

In the past, exhibition has been something I've passed up for the stories of Road to Wrestlemania and the thrill of online competition. With WWE SVR 11, I think I'm going to spend a lot of time in this federation that never ends and reacts around me. That sounds awesome.

That's not to say Road to WrestleMania is dead to me – quite the contrary. If you're just joining us, Road to WrestleMania is SVR's set-story portion of the series. Here, you choose one from a handful of Superstars, and live the lead-up to WrestleMania as that wrestler. In the past, this was a very linear experience where you'd get a cutscene, play a match, get a cutscene, play a match and so on.

That changes this year.

In WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011, you set out on a Superstar's life, but you live it like never before. Now, you wander the backstage area and interact with other Superstars. Mini-quests pop up, fights break out, you talk to the commissioner, and so on. If that kind of exploring isn't your thing, you can just walk to the story objective on your mini-map and keep the tale rolling – it's your choice. You need to make decisions about whom you align yourself with, too, and that will lead to different endings and story segments.

While all this is going on, you're earning Superstar points that you can trade-in for damage resistance or strike modifiers that make you a better competitor – THQ says that you need to be upgrading your Superstar because Road to WrestleMania gets harder the closer you get. When you're ready to walk out to your match or to cut your in-ring promo, you switch to a first-person view and walk into the gorilla position on the backstage side of the entrance.

If you're not a total wrestling geek, just know that this is awesome. Some the animations for the backstage stuff that I saw are a bit hokey at this point, but still; this sounds like a really cool addition.

Now, if you're wondering what the death of traditional career mode means to your created character, the news is only good. After a few years of having to create a Superstar and then grind through a career to get the guy or gal's stats out of the dumpster, THQ is giving you all the attribute points you want from the get go. Go ahead and whip up enough guys to fill the game's 50 spots, and you'll be able to give them whatever speed rating you want as you create them.

Need more reasons to get excited? Hell in a Cell has been revamped. Yes, after years of hearing fans bitch and moan about the cell walls being too close to the apron and there not being any weapons under the ring, THQ has listened and and put out the most realistic HIAC (Hell in a Cell) the world has ever seen. The structure is bigger than ever, the walls are far enough from the ring that steel steps are in there, and all the goodies you'd expect are behind the apron. Also cool: the door has been removed from the cell. The only way to get out now is to perform opponent-hurling moves into the wall closest to the announce table and barrel through the steel. Look for new moves from the top of the cell as well such as the Last Ride, superkicks and so on.

If I'm mentioning moves, now is as good a time as any to tell you that the game looks better than ever – both in terms of animations, move variety and visuals. The graphics are sharp, the images are clear, and the Havok physics make sure the animations look more realistic than ever. At E3, I wrote about how the new physics meant that table legs would give out and you'd be able to lean ladders on the ring apron to make stairs out of them. All of that's still here, but after a TLC match that went about 30-minutes and a number of other bouts, there's so much more to talk about.

THQ is trying to get away from that canned animation feel of the past. You know, "pull off a move and then just sit back and watch as it plays out." This year, there are more reversals than ever, there's a new move position in being able to sit an opponent on the top turnbuckle, and there are new nuances to master. Remember how dumb you looked in the past performing suplexes that ended in pins during first blood matches? Now, moves like a fisherman's suplex come with an option to pin. You start doing the move and a button prompt will pop up on the screen in case you want to hook the leg and hold for a three-count. In the same vein, the Tree of Woe isn't canned anymore. You hang your opponent by his or her legs from the top turnbuckle and can then do a variety of different grapples and strikes to the prone rival.

The strong grapple modifier is gone, too. If you want to pull off a big move from a grapple, you can't just hold down a shoulder button and flick the thumbstick anymore – you have to earn it by performing chain grapples via flicking the stick and pulling off preliminary moves. As you wear your opponent down, he or she is going to get groggy, and this is when you can flick the stick and grapple for big moves. Strike combos also return this year, and if you land a four-hit combo, expect the opponent to pop into that groggy state.

Still, the biggest change on the move front? Opponents don't have to be dazed for you to pull off a finisher. If you have your special move ready to go, you can just walk over, hit the button and go to town. Of course, the opponent can (and will) still reverse your move, but the days of chasing your friend around the ring in order to daze him in order to chokeslam him are gone.

Before I close this thing out, you also need to know that WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011 is going to adopt the new THQ online plan. Similar to UFC Undisputed 2010, new copies of SVR 2011 will ship with a voucher code on the instruction manual that grants free access to online features as well as the first batch of downloadable talent and ring attire. If you buy the game used, rent it, or borrow a friend's copy without the code, you only get a seven-day trial period for the online features before having to pay $10 for the features.

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011 is big. THQ's shoving so much into this game that there's literally too much to talk about right now. For the first time ever, you can change existing Superstar attribute points, the game automatically clips highlights from your match and plays them back after the bell so you can see if you want to save them, and wrestler names are on in-game belts. Last year, I was impressed by the TV-style presentation of SVR, and this year, I'm (preliminarily) impressed by how many seemingly small fan callouts have been addressed – stuff like being able to modify your Create-A-Finisher move speeds by one-percent increments rather than the previous 25-percent ones and the ability to whip up 130 finishers this time around.

We've still got a few months before WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011 ships so I'm not that worried about the bit of wonky physics I saw in my TLC match or the long loads right before a cutscene played out in WWE Universe. What I saw looked and felt good, and I can't wait to sit down and play this one for hours on end.

Here Comes the Pain, you might finally have some serious competition for your title and its name is WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011.

• Like 2

John Cena Street Fight Gear

Unlock an exclusive John Cena “Never Give Up” shirt in WWE® Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 with a special cheat code. Technically it’s not really cheating, but maybe don’t tell your parents.

*Cheat code is redeemable when WWE® Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 releases in October 2010.

1 point(s)

http://www.slurpee.com/Rewards/ViewItemDetails.aspx?nItemID=88

I'm hoping for more stuff on there. I have 14 more points right now after getting this and all the other prizes on there are shit.

Edit: It's an in-game code that is just "SLURPEE"

Edited by LNK

Don't forget about legends. Legends have already been confirmed I believe...figure there may be 5-10 legends (most of which being the usual guys like Rock, Austin, etc.) to go along with at least 12 divas (maybe even as many as 15 - they increase the diva total every year which, to me personally, is a gigantic waste of space). But figure up to 25 spots are tied up between divas and legends. That leaves just 45 slots for current guys. The cutoff might be even earlier than WM this year, could have sworn that several places confirmed Maria being in (due to doing voicework) despite being fired almost a full month before WM. ECW being in the game would also support an earlier cutoff since that's right around the time it ended. Guys like Shawn Michaels might wind up in the "current guys" total as opposed to the legends total.

I may be in the minority here, but I'd much sooner play as guys like Yoshi Tatsu, Goldust, or The Dudebusters than I would using guys that are either retired or dead.

Fortunately, a lot of the video reviews have said the fans are probably going to love what they have planned for DLC...my knee-jerk reaction is that it will be the Nexus (hopefully including Daniel Bryan) but who knows.

At least the roster isn't THAT big of a deal to me this year since we're allowed to edit downloaded CAWs. I know CAWs still don't look quite as good as the real thing but at least they'd get their proper music/moves/etc.

At least the roster isn't THAT big of a deal to me this year since we're allowed to edit downloaded CAWs.

Has this been confirmed?

Yep. Bryan Williams said it in a few of his interviews. We can edit everything about them. Music, moves, attire, etc. add that to the ability to set CAS ratings as you see fit and being able to edit the ratings of the in-game guys and I'm really pumped. I've been wanting to do a sim fed for some time now, but with these features and WWE Universe mode is can now be a reality

At least the roster isn't THAT big of a deal to me this year since we're allowed to edit downloaded CAWs.

Has this been confirmed?

Yep. Bryan Williams said it in a few of his interviews. We can edit everything about them. Music, moves, attire, etc. add that to the ability to set CAS ratings as you see fit and being able to edit the ratings of the in-game guys and I'm really pumped. I've been wanting to do a sim fed for some time now, but with these features and WWE Universe mode is can now be a reality

Well that fixes my major gripes about last year - but then what will they add on THIS year to fucking annoy the shit out of me?

• Like 1

Being able to edit downloaded CAWs and not needing to grind through career mode eliminates A LOT of the problems with the game. Well, problems that never should've been there in the first place, at least. I'm sure they'll figure out something though, like you're only allowed to create ten movesets for CAWs.

Wow, if this is all true, then I think I probably will buy this not long after it's release. I am slightly hesitant because it all seems to good to be true, a season mode similar to Smackdown 2? The ability to edit downloaded CAWs? The new physics on the TLC matches is a cool tough but not a selling point for me. I really hope they didn't do something stupid like scale back the amount of crap that they had in the CAW, hopefully it's the same at the very least, but logically you would think a video game company would do everything to give the gamer more to work with.

I really hope they dont get rid of the Story Designer mode. That has easily kept me occupied with last year's game still.

It, along with Superstar Threads, are still in. From what I hear about Create-A-Wrestler, they added patterns back as they were mysteriously left out from it last year for some reason. Let's hope they get rid of the damn crotch blur, or at least not make it so prominent as it has been for many years. Although, that thing did cause me to create many custom attires for whoever I was making.

Ah, speaking of created wrestlers, there was one thing that really bothered me.

Did anybody else notice that certain boots would overlap certain pants? It would be like you have a pair of jeans on your CAW, and certain boots would stick out of the sides of the pants near the calves, it looked incredibly stupid. It seemed like it should have been an easy thing for them to take care of, but for whatever reason it was as if nobody on the development team noticed this.