Smackdown vs Raw 2011

jrtdot

My CAW Christopher Justice has formed a tag team with GOLDUST. In an instance of brilliant tag team naming on my part, the team is called JustDUST. Gave them Tag O1, GOLDUST's music and the logo movie as their entrance, with the Clothesline & Spear as their tag finisher. (Almost went with the Chin Lock and Kenka Kick, though)

Santino has betrayed Snakes on a Plane, ruining their plan of holding every title.

Poor Santino, he is so dead, as now he's got Jake Roberts, Steve Austin, and Randy Orton all pissed off at him.

Also, interesting bug. Had a match with first blood on but otherwise normal rules (idea being the match would end via stoppage) between Terry Funk and Mr. McMahon. Funk busts McMahon open on the steps, but no bell. Eventually settled for a double count out finish, with McMahon being unable to hit Terry Funk and vice versa.

So my Survivor Series is shaping up to have CM Punk vs Drew McIntyre © for WHC, Austin vs Chavo © for IC, Orton vs Triple H © for WWE, with Tag Titles (held by SES) and US title (Held by Roberts) up in the air.

I'm thinking of reuniting JeriShow (having Big Show switch brands), and one thing I'm trying to remember: Did they have a team Titantron or just alternate between Show's and Jericho's? I looked through the team Create An Entrance and their theme is in there I believe, but not a movie. (And why the hell does it have movies for Theodore Long and a couple others, I think, but no themes for them?)

October, your only recourse now is to have Santino form a stable called Mongooses On A Train. :shifty:

We believe the rankings are only affected by matches the CPU books, not matches you put together yourself. This is annoying.

It's not that bad, kind of adds an element of work to building up a new star. Is it really that hard to win five matches against such stand out Superstars as Zack Ryder and Primo? >_>

Not in itself no, but it's a tad annoying wanting to build someone-up who the game chooses to not utilise; or simming ahead a bit deciding to elevate say, The Miz and then realising that he's slipped to 10th in the rankings. Or, worse, playing as Sheamus, winning constantly as Sheamus, only to see his U.S rankings rise while his WWE Championship ranking stays the same or slips. THAT seems to happen a lot.

Basically, in an ideally programmed game, you'd be entirely right >_>

I haven't even bothered with the game in months. I might try a bit more once the DLC comes out but it's just not that fun any more. It's just a choice between five second squashes on easy, reversal-fests on legendary and cheap opponents and terrible connections online. It seems like all the talk of 'one step forward two steps back' isn't quite as right.

It just LOOKS like it's a step forward. >_>

I'm thinking of reuniting JeriShow (having Big Show switch brands), and one thing I'm trying to remember: Did they have a team Titantron or just alternate between Show's and Jericho's? I looked through the team Create An Entrance and their theme is in there I believe, but not a movie. (And why the hell does it have movies for Theodore Long and a couple others, I think, but no themes for them?)

October, your only recourse now is to have Santino form a stable called Mongooses On A Train. :shifty:

Nope, Austin betrayed Orton too, so now we have Snakes on a Plane and Snakes on a Train.

Also, my favorite bump ever in this game: Power of the Punch FACEFIRST ONTO STEEL STEPS!

Okay, I've found a bug with the PS2 version that's pissing me off:

During Jericho's RTWM week 8, I talked to Maryse about Hornswoggle, then went in the training room and found him. But when I talked to Maryse after I got the `go away' crap you get when someone won't talk to you. I reset several times and tried going inside the trainer before talking to her, talking to Hornswoggle after talking to her the first time, talking to her the first time, going in to Hornswoggle, then saving before talking to her and reloading, and even talking to her, going away until she goes back to the stretching animation and talking to her again. Same damn thing where she tells you to go away every time, so I can't get the challenge. Which means I won't be able to unlock Ricky Steamboat. And Steamboat being in 2011 is one of the reasons I bought the game in the first place.

*edit* Haven't tried it yet, but apparently you have to talk to Maryse before going to see Vince (which is what I did), then go find and talk to Hornswoggle, then go see Vince, then Maryse for it to unlock. So talking to Maryse then Hornswoggle then Maryse again, which would make the most sense, doesn't work. Figures.....

Edited by GhostMachine

Did you actually talk to Hornswoggle? Or just see him there and go back to Maryse?Also, did an awesome spot with Orton vs Sheamus at TLC... shoved Sheamus off the ladder through two tables.It was a pretty brutal match, with Sheamus getting a sneak attack and then hitting two High Crosses both through the tables already in the ring.

Yes, I talked to Hornswoggle. As I edited into my post, apparently they made it so you have to talk to Vince before you tell Maryse where Hornswoggle is for it to work.

That spot sounds great. I wish I had a next gen system for the new table physics; the PS2 version, tables are the same as they were last year. What I'm wondering is if you could put someone through a table with a finisher off the top of the ladder in the PS2 version. I'd love to hit a Rock Bottom or RKO on someone and put them through one.

One complaint is when you put an opponent on the table using the grapple (ie, reach toward them while holding a table), they get up way too fast. Especially if you don't have springboard dives so you can on a turnbuckle fast. I like to do a diving move that puts them through the table, but in 2011 I've been doing it using flashing specials/finishers or ultimate control grapples. And I have yet to put someone through a table leaning against a turnbuckle; I prefer to do it to standing tables or announce tables.(My vampire Bloodrush likes to UC chokeslam people through announce tables)

Sadly, you can no longer stand on announce tables (or I haven't figured out how to yet...), and most bumps through the announce table end up looking like shit (suplexes where they land ankles first, etc). What you CAN do is set them on the announce table and leap off the top rope (or ladder) to dive through it.

But at least in HIAC you can do the Mick Foley bump through the announce table,

Doesn't work on PS3 though.

I had DiBiase vs Goldust vs Mike Knox on Superstar and here is the backstory.

Ted DiBiase has teamed with HHH and it looks like it could be Ted trying to prove himself to Trips by beating random stars. Knox and Kane had a thing against HHH, and began taking it out on Ted, which he retaliated by beating both men individually on Raw and Superstars. Goldust won MITB a year ago and was champ for about 8 months, until the Rumble. He then began his slow fall down to where he has had a losing streak for a few months. Not connected to the DiBiase story, but figured you should know what he had gone through. So I start the match, and I get a new (to me) cutscene with Knox walking out with a fake injury and Kane comes out to replace him. I loved that. Now I need to play every match to see all these cutscenes :D

Anyone got the DLC yet? I just finished going through it all. The Legends are nice but god is Luger's theme bad. Also Barrett doesn't look good at all. The NXT arena is alright. Old School HBK is the best of the lot though.

Full List:

- Luger

- British Bulldog

- NXT Arena

- Layla

- Old School HBK

- Wade Barrett

- David Otunga

- Justin Gabriel (Haven't tried him out yet)

- Alt. Attire for Shad - I haven't seen him since this new look so it was a surprise for me to see it