Smackdown vs Raw 2011

jrtdot

Just bought the game because I could get it on the cheap. I entered my online axxess code, but I just keep getting taken back to the screen where you're prompted to either enter your code or buy axxess. The code was accepted and axxess was downloaded, but it just doesn't work. Happen to anyone else?

EDIT: Also, do you have to save after everything? Specifically when I'm editing brands, it seems it takes longer to save than to assign people to their brands.

Edited by A-Dub

you can turn autosave off in the options

Yeah but then it just asks you if you want to save, you select no several times while the game keeps asking you if you're sure, so it usually takes the same amount of time so I just keep autosave on.

Well at least I know the answer is "no" and I'm not just missing something.

Not a fan of how they throw handicap matches into RTWM though. Can a wrestling game have a story line without them?

I do like Universe though, the only thing missing is the customization of title matches and #1 contenders, otherwise I really like the mode as a whole.

my latest Royal Rumble was highlighted by The Miz having 3 matches. he failed to beat Zack Ryder for the US Title, but retained his tag titles with Jericho and retained his WWE Title vs Sheamus. the Rumble match itself was a massive disappointment though with the winner being Vance Archer. I really wanted Yoshi to win after he came in at 14 and lasted to the last 4, along with HBK, and Hurricane.

I can't remember if it's been answered....I just rented the game, and the Online Axxess code worked....but it still asks for me to redeem a code :/

What's up with that?

Edit: UGH! I clicked the 7 day trial, and I can't get created wrestlers? :@

Edit 2: Woo! Just quit to the dashboard and restart and all is good.

Edit 3: "*blank for spoiler reasons* is distracting the ref! His opponent is grabbing a chair!"

No he's not, he;s getting Killswitched. The commentary is awesome :/

Finally got the game yesterday. I haven't played any matches with tables yet to check out the changes to that yet, though.

So far, I made a CAW of a wrestler I've made in the last 3-4 games before this one. He's a vampire gimmick character, and I change his name every game since I can't always build him exactly the same. His name in 2011 is Bloodrush. Was Bloodstorm in 2010. I used him in a Parking Lot brawl vs. Vance Archer, but so far that's it.

I've unlocked Kozlov, Gail Kim, the ECW brand and the ECW championship. Had Sheamus win a #1 contender match then go on to win the title from Cena at Backlash, and had Maryse win the Divas title at the same PPV. The tag titles have also changed hands a time or two, but those matches were simulated. Current champs I believe are R-Truth and John Morrison.

And I started the Undertaker's streak RTWM as Morrison, and have done the first two weeks. But I may start that one over as Bloodrush.

Now, I have two question, and I'd prefer it if someone with the PS2 or PS3 version answers the first:

1. How do you drag someone who you've grappled, standing or grounded? They've apparently changed how you do that, and the manual doesn't say how.

2. How do you unlock Challenge matches in the RTWM storyline? I read what the challenge matches are in the vs. Taker RTWM and did what was listed as one (went and found Orton then started a fight and defeated him in a backstage brawl during week 2), but it wasn't listed as done or unlocked when I checked the phone afterward afterward.

1. Hold in L2 and whatever direction you want, IIRC. I's the sort of thing I just do without thinking about what I'm pressing.

2. Not entirely sure. I've had a couple just from talking to random folk backstage and it's set up a match on Superstars with a challenge to it. But not too sure TBH.

For the challenges you have to do specific things backstage whether it be talk to someone or find something. I had to find walkthroughs to get them all. Its best to do Christian's RTWM first because you get a Time Machine which lets you go back to re-do weeks you missed a challenge and it can be used in all the RTWM's once unlocked.

Well, I am doing Christian's RTWM, but I'm stuck on one part. I can't win the MITB match. I've tried it four times now, and Evan Bourne won it 3 times, CM Punk the other. The Punk win was the last one I tried, and it pissed me off because of how it ended; the briefcase had been pulled on enough that it was going to come down quick the next time someone got hold of it. Punk climbed the ladder and I was on the ground trying to knock him off....and Darvid Hart Smith decided that was the perfect time to hit me with a sledgehammer.

Since I'm guessing its not possible to use the time machine to skip the match, I'll keep trying. And DH Smith is now scheduled for a 12 match losing streak in Universe mode. I haven't decided whether I'll beat him as Zack Ryder or Santino first....

Hate the change to Ladder and MITB matches; the old way of getting the hanging object down was fine.