Football Manager 2011

Dan

Yeah, FM10 was sleak but this is even sleaker. Started a game as Everton, actually done amazingly well in the friendlies for once as opposed to just scraping past teams like Preston. Got Basturk on a free, he should be good to play like two games a season :shifty: and got Marek Cech as back-up for left back as well. I'm trying a "just fucking play the game and don't worry if you lose it's only a game!" approach for now as well. I hope.

I never decide whether or not I'll get FM2011 until the week it's out...

Unfortunately with SVR11 & Minecraft occupying my time I haven't been keeping an eye on it.

I'll probably wait until I see a few more reactions/reviews to it then decide... Probably get it anyway.

Always start with 2 saves.

Wellington Phoenix to A-League Glory & Red Star Belgrade to European Domination.

Neither of which I have completed in past versions of the game. And the fact that Red Star is somewhat lacking since '08 hasn't made it easier :shifty:

Fell out with the series when they introduced the ridiculous level of micro-management to training schedules, contemplating buying this tomorrow, so has that been fixed? Or is the community more on top of it now that I could download other people's training schedules with much more ease?

Well, the default training schedules are decent enough. And after a while, there are some very good training schedules released via the different communities. Tug does ones that seem to ALWAYS get your players to reach their full PA, whether that is high or low is another thing of course.

Thats the one I use personally, obviously he doesnt have a new one out yet.

So, long story short, yeah, the community generally does get very much on top of training schedules.

I wish I didn't have a 3 year old PC that was shit at running games back then, let alone now, so that I could get this.

The last FM I had was 2008, and it ran ok, but this one's on its last legs. I may purchase it when I get a new computer.

You'd be safer. It started slowing down on me when I ran 15 leagues the other night and I have 3GB ram and a decent processor.

I'm looking for a good sport simulator game, but I'm not too familiar with Football/Soccer. I know Football Manager is considered the great Sport Sim, would I be able to enjoy this and learn stuff about Football/Soccer if I played this?

Any other sport sim games out there? I know t's not really the place to ask. But I'm looking for a good sports sim, any sport will do, but I'm sure I'd enjoy one a lot more if I actually knew more about the sport itself, you know? Namely Hockey... xD

Well, my friend from school way bac hated football for ages, I introduced him to the FM games back with the 05 version I think, and he liked the game and got into football from there. Die hard Arsenal fan now. Maybe a knowledge of football beforehand would help.

Dont they also make Eastside Hockey Manager? Or was that the Championship Manager crowd?