The Dark Knight Rises

apsham

I'd love to see Two-Face back as well, but hasn't Nolan said many, many times that Two-Face is dead and buried? Even the leaked script explicitly stated, "DEAD". Anyways, I read that they're filming in New Orleans, so I'm thinking Killer Croc and Harley Quinn.

Oh, and how does everyone want the franchise to end? I'd prefer it didn't end after a third movie (fuck trilogies, seriously), but since it most likely will... I'd prefer a not-so-happy ending. Like the Bane back breaking. But, it's Hollywood, so I think they just might. Last scene, Batman introduces his replacement, Robin (Joseph-Gordon Levitt) :shifty:

I'd like a small nod to The Man of Steel. Nothing too overt or anything, but just something that links to the Metropolis end of the DC Universe.

Which is exactly what Nolan doesn't want though. :P He's gone out of his way to say that he doesn't want them linked and that he doesn't believe that Batman and Superman can exist in the same world.

Yes they can. Shut up, Christopher Nolan.

I don't really care whether the Superman movie is alluded to or not, though. Let Marvel do the shared universe stuff and have DC focus on hitting standalone movies out of the park for now.

• 2 weeks later...
Source: Deadline

November 11, 2010

An actress short list for The Dark Knight Rises has turned up online, courtesy of Deadline.

Actresses that Christopher Nolan has been rumored to have met with include Anne Hathaway, Keira Knightley, Blake Lively, Natalie Portman, Naomi Watts and Rachel Weisz. The original article suggests that Nolan is casting for two different female roles, both that of Bruce Wayne's romantic interest and that of a female villain.

The Dark Knight Rises will star returning actors Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Gary Oldman as well as the recently-announced Tom Hardy in an unspecified role. The film will go into production shortly with a release planned for July 20, 2012.

Let the speculation begin!

I think Rachel Weisz would make a fantastic Ivy. Just saying.

I would like to see The Reaper done in a style that would fit into Nolan's working of Batman. With it's dark tone I think it would fit pretty well.

What, from Fear The Reaper? Arguably the best rogue's gallery in comics, and you want to scrape the bottom of the barrel for the Reaper? God, I'm glad you have no opinion.

Talia al Ghul is what I'm hoping for, to tie the movies together. Just no Catwoman, please god. Harley Quinn would be hard without the Joker, since it'd be begging to see him broken out of Arkham and back on the streets and with Ledger dead I don't think they'll be going in that direction. Plus, Talia hasn't had her moment in the sun. Harley had The Animated Series.

Yes they can. Shut up, Christopher Nolan.

I don't really care whether the Superman movie is alluded to or not, though. Let Marvel do the shared universe stuff and have DC focus on hitting standalone movies out of the park for now.

To be honest, shared universe stuff likely is more risky wen it comes to killing your whole brand for further movies.

And i don´t think a movie as good as the Dark Knight would be possible in a universe that also has domesday, brainiac and sups floating around. Live action switches the feel, it´s not as easy as in a comic. It´s good the way they do it now, just hope they pull no Spider-Man three out of this and i´ll be happy.

• 2 weeks later...

Actresses that Christopher Nolan has been rumored to have met with include Anne Hathaway, Keira Knightley, Blake Lively, Natalie Portman, Naomi Watts and Rachel Weisz. The original article suggests that Nolan is casting for two different female roles, both that of Bruce Wayne's romantic interest and that of a female villain.

Let the speculation begin!

All of them come across as being very toffish (especially Knightley with her one role...) so who's the classiest female Batman villain? Talia al Ghul?

Big rumor right now is that Tom Hardy will be cast as Hugo Strange in the flick as the primary villain. Not sure how I feel about it if it's true, but... we'll see, I suppose. Still just rumors so it's not like it's anything solid.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/11/21/batman-3-rumor-tom-hardy-evolution/

I mean hell, it's Entertainment Weekly. I'll take what they give with a grain of salt.

Dr. Hugo Strange as the villain of Dark Knight Rises would be fantastic. Totally out of left field and one of my favorite second-string Batman villains. Also one of the very first ones so it'd be awesome for him to get the spotlight.

Talia al Ghul would be a great female villian for the final film, but in order to really do the character justice you would need to build her up over the duration of all three of the films to do her justice.

Right. To do her justice. We got that.

For her justice.

Talia al Ghul would be a great female villian for the final film, but in order to really do the character justice you would need to build her up over the duration of all three of the films to do her justice.

Isn't half the work already done? "You killed my father you bastard and you claim to only do all this out of vengence for the guy who killed your parents?". I know they semi-used that as the explanation for Dent turning into a villain but it's a way in without using too much over the middle film.

Aaron Eckhart has confirmed that Two-Face is not gonna be in Rises.

"Chris and I had a meeting, on the beach, just the two of us," Eckhart said. "I said, 'Chris, a lot of people are asking me if I'm in the next 'Batman.' And Chris said, 'Yes?' I said, 'Am I?' He looked at me and he said, 'No.'" He added that he wasn't joking about the beach part and said that they "found ourselves alone on the beach together on a stormy day and he delivered the news to me. I was heartbroken. But Chris has his reasons and my life must go on... Honestly, it was Heath's movie to go on. We had a great movie. I'm so honored to be a part of that movie."

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=72104