The Shows Mostly Formerly Affiliated with NBC's Thursday Night Comedy Block Thread **SPOILERS**

GoGo Yubari

And here's your relevant newsbit.

Straight from the mouth of Mose Schrute:

The news about Rob and Rashida is true they will be leaving the show after the 13th episode of the upcoming season six. Weve been working on their storyline (on and off) for four seasons now, and heading into this year, with the two of them contemplating parenthood, it felt like a natural time to move them into the next phase.

We absolutely love both Rashida and Rob, and will be sad to see them go. Rashida was one of the very first people we knew we wanted in the cast, and as important as Ann is to Leslie (and vice-versa), shell certainly never be far from Pawnee. Rob we initially thought we could only have for six or eight episodes, and we couldnt be happier that he will have stuck around for 75.

They are wonderful, funny, committed actors, theyve been a huge part of the Parks and Rec family, and we think we have a great Pawnee send-off in the works for them.

Dammit, this feels like it's pretty much confirmed that they're going to leave together to go be a family (maybe after Rob Lowe decides to run for office in California?). Boo! You are such a boring couple! Stop being together!

Billy Eichner has been cast as Eagleton's Donna doppelganger, which is totally out of left field and totally brilliant. Billy on the Street is one of my favorite "fuck it, I've got fifteen minutes free" shows.

Apparently they have the Tom doppelganger figured out too but they're not saying who it is.

• Like 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekq2OdBhEy0

Assuming the season 9 DVD set has longer versions of these I think I probably have to at least rent it at some point. Adam Scott as Jim would have been probably just as good as John Krasinski as Jim, it turns out.

Also, now we know where the Asian Jim cold open came from.

Blah. I get that he's doing what's right by him to get his stupid music career going, but that kinda stings. Community isn't even buried yet.

At least he'll be on TV, I guess. I hope it doesn't get in the way of him being another forgettable rapper in an already crowded scene.

He's actually fairly successful at it. I've always assumed primarily with white college kids who "don't like rap" but like him.

Pretty much, yeah. He's starting to earn more respect from the general rap community (and is starting to get a lot more guest rappers on his stuff) but a majority of his fans probably wouldn't identify themselves as rap fans. I mean, I like rap but it's few and far between so I suppose I'd be one of them.

It doesn't hurt that a lot of his raps focus more on pop culture and being nerdy than about being a gangsta.

Glover did the right thing by him, really. Most everyone else came from something else or has a good shot at a place to go afterwards. He'd likely be left with his music afterwards.. and why not leave on your own terms to be able to likely start touring at the most lucrative time for him (once college goes back in) and look what happened? A shot at a new show with FX is a great way for this all to end for him.

I can never begrudge someone pursuing what ever they want most, so long as no one gets hurt. Still sucks to have this be the effect though.

It all probably speaks to how I (and I think others) tend to value projects over people. Which isn't so wonderful to think about.

It might be blasphemous to say this but I think Bob Odenkirk might have made a better Michael Scott. He was definitely more closer to the David Brent-archetype that Carrell tried to do in the first season but I would love to live in alternate universe with Odenkirk carrying that show.

It might be blasphemous to say this but I think Bob Odenkirk might have made a better Michael Scott. He was definitely more closer to the David Brent-archetype that Carrell tried to do in the first season but I would love to live in alternate universe with Odenkirk carrying that show.

When we saw him pop up, the girlfriend and I looked at each other and at the same time stated that Odenkirk could've done it damn well.

If Bob Odenkirk had gotten the part the odds of The Office surviving season two would have been lower because the success of The 40-Year Old Virgin helped the success of that show. Alternatively, we wouldn't have gotten Odenkirk as Saul Goodman. Either way, Steve Carell was the right decision.

• 2 weeks later...