House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

Uh no, its not the final season.

I'm kind of exasperated that

We're now five seasons through and the Starks are still getting fucked over. I assume Sansa has gruesomely shattered her leg and she'll be immediately captured by Ramsay again, because why should I believe anything good will ever happen to that family at this point? Jon saves a bunch of people and is one of the only people in Westeros who is poised to attempt to stop the army of the dead and he's dead. Arya finally kills someone from her list, who we learn is utterly detestable guy who deserves to die even more than we thought annnnnd she goes blind.

I'm betting next season opens with Bran getting eaten by the first children, because no Stark will ever get a measurable amount of revenge against anyone.

• Like 3

Do you know what I just realised?

If they have actually killed Stannis off, then Balon Greyjoy technically won the War of the Five Kings by virtue of not being in the show for two seasons :P

Or did I miss a mention of his death? Pretty sure we haven't had one.

• Like 3

Uh no, its not the final season.

I'm kind of exasperated that

We're now five seasons through and the Starks are still getting fucked over. I assume Sansa has gruesomely shattered her leg and she'll be immediately captured by Ramsay again, because why should I believe anything good will ever happen to that family at this point? Jon saves a bunch of people and is one of the only people in Westeros who is poised to attempt to stop the army of the dead and he's dead. Arya finally kills someone from her list, who we learn is utterly detestable guy who deserves to die even more than we thought annnnnd she goes blind.

I'm betting next season opens with Bran getting eaten by the first children, because no Stark will ever get a measurable amount of revenge against anyone.

Paitence.

We've got another five seasons before the series ten finale where Dany, Sansa and Arya all ride dragons and burn their enemies to the tune of 'Sister's are doin' it for themselves' by The Eurythmics...

• Like 3

That whole atonement thing just made me really uncomfortable. Like all the writers thought it was really hot and screamed ATONEMENT just as they climaxed. Not cool. At least that Jon Snow is dead though.

The scene was quite long but it was meant to be as a way of building sympathy for her character. Much like Theon's constant torture though, there's a breaking point where the point gets lost in the shuffle.

EDIT: Also I really don't think Snow is dead. Melisandre, who has a known interest in his blood shows up right before it happens for little to no reason? Yep.

Edited by livid

I already knew the ending was coming, but god damn it they suckered me in when they mentioned Benjen and it made me think they were doing something else for a brief moment. Then I realised how much of the episode was left

:(

Also, Stannis definitely isn't dead yet. All the characters that died that episode, yet they cut away from Brienne before she finishes the job? She's definitely just hit the tree. No-one is dead until it's shown on screen.

Might be dead, can't see any point in keeping him alive. Unless he gets involved with Theon and Sansa.

Holy fuck though that episode.

-When Myrcella started bleeding, literally just sat up and was like, oooh snap!

-Brienne continues to be a bit useless.

-I like that Davos' first question was about the Princess and not Stannis.

-Fuck Olly, but what with the red lass turning up, Jon's story isn't done.

Brienne is the absolute worst. "Renly, the rightful King of the Andals and the First Men". You're literally speaking to his older brother meaning it's impossible for him to be the rightful king. Just fuck off from the plot and be useless somewhere else.

Great finale though, Jon Snow's stabbing was very well done although the motivation for doing it wasn't as strong as it was in the books. I worry for the next season if Winds of Winter isn't out because HBO have made some out of character plot fuckups this season that I'll imagine will get worse if they go more off the boil.

Brienne is the absolute worst. "Renly, the rightful King of the Andals and the First Men". You're literally speaking to his older brother meaning it's impossible for him to be the rightful king.

spoiiiiiler people are not objective about people they are in love with or carry a torch for. It's almost as if her perspective is heavily influenced by the fact that Renly considered himself/was talked by Loras and Margaery into considering himself the rightful king or something.

• Like 3

Re: That episode - spoilers, obviously.

Really can't see Jon being dead, for the simple reason that it renders the whole Hardholme battle pointless.

Why show Jon being the only one to kill a white walker? Why have that stare down with King of the White Walkers, if Jon isn't making it past the end of the series?

Kit Harrington is apparently doing interviews galore now saying that he isn't coming back etc etc. Again, seems odd that they would go through the trouble.