House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

The big character death this episode would have been a lot better if the fucking episode summary hadn't made it blatantly clear what was going to happen. As it stood, it felt like kind of a clunkily-written and anticlimactic scene. I think the latter was intended, the former not so much.

This is why I like to avoid episode summaries and the like. I like going into every episode not knowing what to expect.

Still...

I was sad about Renly's death. He was one of the characters I really liked. I was thinking, literally 30 seconds before his death that: "Hey, George R.R. Martin likes to kill characters...and it seems every character I like dies so that means tha....OH MY GOD THEY KILLED RENLY."

Just finished reading Storm of Swords so spoilers ahoy about said book.

Jesus was their a lot of death! The deaths of Catelyn and Robb actually sickened me, Lysa's death was great, I never liked her but finding out she was the one who killed Jon Arryn was a shocker too, I mean it's clear she never liked him but killing him :o I fear for Sansa stuck with Little finger though, poor girl hasn't had much luck :(

I'm going to assume that Tywin Lannister's death is going to take up a big part of A Feast for Crows, had a flick through the chapters as I tend to like to see which POV characters are in the book and am I right in thinking Danys and Tyrion are not in a Feast for Crows? I really like both characters :( interesting to see that news of Danys' dragons has begun to spread in Oldtown as well going by the first chapter which is all I've read so far.

I really did enjoy Tyrion's line though about Tywin's death, it was not true that Tywin shit gold. I'm really scared of dying now as the book talks so much about the shitting aspect of it!

Ayra is drifting further and further away from Winterfell and I cannot see her getting back their again, same for Jon, so annoyed he was voted commander, I wanted him to take up Stannis' offer and become the lord of Winterfell, glad he found ghost again though. Very little mentioning of Bran and company throughout the book though.

Such is the scale of his book that I really think each character could have two or three books a lone on their experiences, I mean sometimes you can go 150 to 200 pages without hearing from one of them, which is something I enjoy as it keeps so many stories going at the same time and I like when they occasionally cross paths but miss each other.

Final word on Catelyn at the very end, what the fuck?! She's alive? How?!

Regarding AFFC

Feast For Crows and a Dance with Dragons run concurrently (although in paperback form part 2 combines the two a little more). Feast tends to focus more on what's happening around Kings Landing and those down south while Dance with Dragons focuses on The North, the Wall and Essos. Get ready to come across loads of new characters too, guess making up for killing everyone off

:shifty: )

Edited by lanky316

Great episode tonight, but with a whole lot of changes from the book.

How badass was the Rodrik death scene? It was one of the best scenes of the show and it wasn't present in the books.

Also:

ACoK spoiler

I did enjoy the changes on Dany's story arc. If they have followed the book, she would be sitting on the desert for a whole lot of time. Of course, the dragon's kidnap is leading her to the House of the Undying, so it doesn't really change much.

Yeah they're veering far from the books, and I'm seeing more and more fan "outrage" but honestly, if it makes the story more cohesive then I'm for it.

Book vs show discussion below. Contains some intentionally vague spoilers.

Having Cassel die in this episode means Theon's ultimate dick move later on is unlikely to be shown which is a shame...also Roose making it his idea to send his bastard will (I think) change the dynamic a bit from the way things went down in the book.

One change I like is the Arya kill #2. I think it makes more logical sense than the way the book portrayed it, honestly and it felt slightly more organic.

Edited by jase12881

I love this show, so much! My download, sadly, had the audio out of sync.

Jon Snow is a fool! Falling in love with a Wildling.

Theon Greyjoy is a horrible man! I hope the bastard son of Robb's general-dude will crush him! :angry: And poor Rodrik :(

The Hound is still amazing and Joffery still a crazy fuck.

And now the Dragon's have gone missing? Crazy! So many things happening. Love it.

I liked the changes to the Theon storyline! Him killing Rodrik was well done, especially how he couldn't even do it in a single swing. The look on his face after he killed Rodrik was perfect, IMO.

I've seen people complain about how useless and spoilt Dany is getting...but that's how she is in the books as well, so I don't mind those changes either.

However, not a fan with Jaqen's poison dart. His kills should all look like accidents, not scream assassin. Meh.

Also, the peasants tearing holding the priest's arm like a mob of Romero zombies was just goofy.

Minor Book spoilers:

No bear

:( Also I'm guessing the Brave Companions have been completely cut, which means no thappireth either :(

According to the show's producers they're delaying the introduction of "several key characters" to season 3, so we may just see them yet Zan.

Guest mr. potato head

Really enjoyed this week's episode, but my favourite part was Theon conquering Winterfell with all the gravitas of Monty Python's Spanish Inquisition.

• Like 1

Minor Book spoilers:

No bear

:( Also I'm guessing the Brave Companions have been completely cut, which means no thappireth either :(

Going a considerably deeper alongside it...

"I just wanted to hear him say thappireth"... loved that bit, and another reason why I love your namesake so much!. However, with the choice of Aryas second killing though I do feel we've lost two great moments from the series, first is Arya answering her prayer and taking out Tickler and the second involves Jaimes rescue of Brienne from the bear baiting.

Actually on the subject of Jaime, now we know he can't really read and is more than likely ambidextrous things are a little interesting for his arc ;)

Minor Book spoilers:

No bear

Going a considerably deeper alongside it...

"I just wanted to hear him say thappireth"... loved that bit, and another reason why I love your namesake so much!. However, with the choice of Aryas second killing though I do feel we've lost two great moments from the series, first is Arya answering her prayer and taking out Tickler and the second involves Jaimes rescue of Brienne from the bear baiting.

Actually on the subject of Jaime, now we know he can't really read and is more than likely ambidextrous things are a little interesting for his arc ;)

Minor book spoiler.

Well, actually the Arya storyline can still go on without much problems, depending on who she chooses as her last kill. I mean, Polliver is the one with Needle.