House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

Yeah, sucks but he went out like a total badass. What was that line about crossbows? "I hate crossbows, they take too long to load", right?

Yeah, sucks but he went out like a total badass. What was that line about crossbows? "I hate crossbows, they take too long to load", right?

It was!

Sucks he died, he was a great character!

Last season Tyrion was hilarious, this season? Badass and scary. Loved what he did with the three men and the three different pieces of information. Also loved Renly's wife being all "My brother can start you off if you like."

Episode Spoilers:

It's odd, I usually don't notice things like who's directing an episode, but this one felt a lot more stylistically shot than the last two eps. Def the best episode of the season so far.

Plus Armory Lorch! And Polliver!

I really hate the portrayal of Asha/Yarra though.

Book Spoilers:

I always envisaged Asha as more piratey and smirky. She ought to be a fun character, whereas Yarra here just seems to only have one facial expression, which is this odd more-creepy-than-menacing stare. I really cannot see the actress pulling off the events after Balon's death, especially when she becomes the principle Greyjoy POV until Theon comes back.

Next Ep Preview Spoilers:

Renly v Stannis! My favorite scene from the whole novel! Yay!

• Like 1

So....ummm

THat was one UGLY baby. But seriously...what the actual fuck? Did she just sacrifice the baby she was carrying? Is that thing going to destroy Renly's army? :/

And other things: Tyrion is still so freaking awesome. Joffery is a horrible, horrible person. And Arya and Robert's bastard are fucking lucky!

There were so many quotable lines in the first 25-30 minutes of this episode, damn.

Book spoilers that deal with this episode, but y'know, book spoilers none-the-less:

So I guess that's meant to be the shadow that slays Renly, and from the previews it looks like Jaqen is going to let Arya name the 3 people to kill to repay the god of death for the 3 people she saved. Neat!

My favorite description of what happened at the end of the episode that I read on The AV Club's comments section was;

That Melisandre gave birth to the villain from FernGully.

Episode Spoilers:

Can't say I liked the ending very much. I'd have much preferred it if they had followed it through with the very next scene, instead of ending the episode on a WTF MAGIC note. Could have used the screen time from wasting Ros upon us again, FFS.

Tywin is awesome as usual! Also Roose Bolton, who is awesome! And mention of the Brotherhood!

That was a fantastic episode. I am absolutely hooked by pretty much all the 7-8 different storylines.

I know the story is far from over, but I keep expecting them to work towards conclusions. Instead, we get more and more twists and complications to the situation that makes the conclusion of the story seem further and further away. Great stuff.

That was balls to the walls awesome. That Shadow thing was fucking nuts.

Also, Bronn steals the show every time he's on screen.

"There's no cure for being a cunt."

That was the best line! Joffery is a cunt! :angry:

And like Panni said, I am also hooked by all the stories. Don't think there is one I am 'ugh, this again?!' to.

Yeah, the guy playing the Mountain now just looks tall.

Also, fuck, Joffrey is such a cunt! An awful, awful cunt!

Tyrion, Tywin and Bronn are fucking awesome :D

No Cersei at all this episode? Wow.

Also, WTF is the Brotherhood? Or is answering that be a book spoiler?

Everyone here seems to have overlooked Daenrys as well, who was balls to the walls amazing when she was threatening the 13 :)