House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones) Thread

hugobomb

The Tywin/Arya interactions are great.

Book spoilers re: what Srar & HTTC are talking about (Bran/Rickon/Theon):

In the books, Theon doesn't capture Bran or Rickon and burns two peasant boys in their place claiming that they're Bran and Rickon.

Good episode. Short on Tyrion, but really good. Shouldn't there be 3 more episodes left, though? The preview for next week said there's only 2 left.

When Jaime and that other Lannister - Alton? - were conversing in the cage I was all

"Aww, they're bonding! :D" and then when Jaime leaned up close and told him for his plan to work he had to die and then beat him to death it was just like "holy shit".

Oh and more book spoilers, this time re: the Catelyn/Jaime scene:

I assume this means Catelyn is going to be the one who cuts off Jaime's sword hand

The episode was great, loved it.

Man....the skinny guy in Quarth? The person who runs the House of the Dead or whatever? CREEPY AS FUCK. GAH!

Also, Srar...

My roommate accidentally revealed to me that it wasn't Bran and his brother

Brilliant ep. Really liked the changes they made from the books -- none of them felt forced at all.

Good episode. Short on Tyrion, but really good. Shouldn't there be 3 more episodes left, though? The preview for next week said there's only 2 left.

Could it be that they're merging Ep 9 and 10 into a super episode?

Apparently episode 9 is Blackwater and is the episode that Martin himself was involved with so has the potential to be spectacular, what they'll do to follow in episode 10 afterwards will be interesting to see how much they bring it on point. We've already had some timeline changes

COK/SOS spoilers

Cat releasing Jaime before hearing of the deaths of Bran and Rickon, for example

and curious to see how they bring things to a level and how they'll leave it. Game of Thrones was relatively easy to adapt with it all being very central. Looking forward to seeing where we're going to have things balance out at the end and what arcs the various characters will be. Might help "time" season three.

Edited by lanky316

Oh and more book spoilers, this time re: the Catelyn/Jaime scene:

I assume this means Catelyn is going to be the one who cuts off Jaime's sword hand

Doubtful. That line was directly from the book. I remember when reading the book thinking she was going to kill him at that point. That's the last line from the last scene with Jaime in it from CotK if I recall correctly. Maybe the last Cat POV scene

Edited by jase12881

Yeah, I thought it was pretty obvious that those burnt corpses weren't going to be Bran and Rickon. Can't understand why anyone would assume otherwise, because if it was the real boys, you would display their real identities to the townsfolk, not some charred remains to prove your point. I assume they came close but couldn't find them and just figured, well, we've got to show something for our troubles or else we're gonna look weak.

Not the best episode of the season for me because everything seemed so predictable. As soon as he said he'd figured a way out I was just waiting for him to kill his former squire and then whoever was on guard duty in an attempt to get people to kill him. If people kill him, it means war will consume the seven kingdoms. As a prisoner he's too valuable. I'm also expecting Cat's bodyguard to chop his hand off soon, because why wouldn't you? The guy is dangerous and could easily kill you if given the chance, chop his hands off and he's far less dangerous.

With the aforementioned being said, I did enjoy the character development here. The Qarth storyline is interesting because clearly the warlocks are on her side, but what their motivation is I dont even know. Same for the new 'king'. Bitch needs to get her dragons back though!

Love the Arya and Tywin scenes. They're really well done and I'm hoping it ends up going somewhere other than Arya killing him but I fear that they won't be carrying it on for that much longer. It probably will be Tywin's last war, and I feel someone will be killing him before this season is over.

Ha, Jon Snow IS a fool. Really didn't expect him to get caught but I figured he'd be out in the wild for quite some time and the wildling girl was there so he didn't have to walk in silence. Still, they can't kill Jon fucking Snow, he's got to have a way out.

Good episode still, but I figure it's more set up than it is anything else. Getting everything ready for the final couple of episodes which I really can't wait to see now.

Brilliant ep. Really liked the changes they made from the books -- none of them felt forced at all.

Could it be that they're merging Ep 9 and 10 into a super episode?

I guess it is two episodes until the season finale, isn't it?

Spoilered everything I added just to be safe.

The Tywin/Arya interactions are great.

Book spoilers re: what Srar & HTTC are talking about (Bran/Rickon/Theon):

In the books, Theon doesn't capture Bran or Rickon and burns two peasant boys in their place claiming that they're Bran and Rickon.

I put two and two together at work Monday morning and figured this is what happened. Still, I was totally into that last episode and totally forgot about that line.

When Jaime and that other Lannister - Alton? - were conversing in the cage I was all

"Aww, they're bonding! :D" and then when Jaime leaned up close and told him for his plan to work he had to die and then beat him to death it was just like "holy shit".

I really liked this scene too. I was like "Oh look, Jamie isn't so horrible after all." Then I was like "Nope, nevermind."

Yeah, I thought it was pretty obvious that those burnt corpses weren't going to be Bran and Rickon. Can't understand why anyone would assume otherwise, because if it was the real boys, you would display their real identities to the townsfolk, not some charred remains to prove your point. I assume they came close but couldn't find them and just figured, well, we've got to show something for our troubles or else we're gonna look weak.

Not the best episode of the season for me because everything seemed so predictable. As soon as he said he'd figured a way out I was just waiting for him to kill his former squire and then whoever was on guard duty in an attempt to get people to kill him. If people kill him, it means war will consume the seven kingdoms. As a prisoner he's too valuable. I'm also expecting Cat's bodyguard to chop his hand off soon, because why wouldn't you? The guy is dangerous and could easily kill you if given the chance, chop his hands off and he's far less dangerous.

With the aforementioned being said, I did enjoy the character development here. The Qarth storyline is interesting because clearly the warlocks are on her side, but what their motivation is I dont even know. Same for the new 'king'. Bitch needs to get her dragons back though!

Love the Arya and Tywin scenes. They're really well done and I'm hoping it ends up going somewhere other than Arya killing him but I fear that they won't be carrying it on for that much longer. It probably will be Tywin's last war, and I feel someone will be killing him before this season is over.

Ha, Jon Snow IS a fool. Really didn't expect him to get caught but I figured he'd be out in the wild for quite some time and the wildling girl was there so he didn't have to walk in silence. Still, they can't kill Jon fucking Snow, he's got to have a way out.

Good episode still, but I figure it's more set up than it is anything else. Getting everything ready for the final couple of episodes which I really can't wait to see now.

-I really feel like this whole season so far has just all been build up to Episode 9. It's just all sorta been building on itself till it explodes in those last two episodes. Most of it has been fairly predictable, even for somebody who hasn't read the books. But there are those parts where I get into it so much I sorta ignore what I've heard already. Hints why the boys being hung up for display took my by surprise.

-Poor Tywin. I took a liking to him in the first season and, I agree, his scenes with Arya have been some of my favorites this season. Now it sorta sucks to know that he dies so soon. Better enjoy what time he's got left then.

-Snow will either bad ass his way out with Ghost, who comes running to his rescue. Or, I assume he'll make a break for it when The King North of the Wall or whatever his title is, starts his people on the move towards The Wall.

Yeah, Game of Thrones is a rare example of opening credits that are decently long and I have absolutely no desire to ever skip. (Others would be Mad Men and the fourth and fifth seasons of The Wire.)