2011 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Starvinho

I will hear no bad words about Steve Fulton :wub:

I'm not really fussed either way about Taouil. If we get him great but if we don't it's no huge loss as there's always Skacel to entertain and score a few goals, then do absolutely nothing else in the game.

Jamie Mole also got released today which is awesome news because he's terrible, sadly the Zander Diamond deal appears to be almost complete and could be done tomorrow (N)

Stevie Fulton was the last good thing to happen to Only An Excuse, I'll always remember seeing a sketch of a match and the camera went to 'Stevie Fulton' standing in the centre circle gasping for breath, pie in one hand, can of lager in the other.

I hate Leeds fans at times, I really do. So it's pretty much nailed on that Bradley Johnson is leaving; his contract's expired and the official site put an article up today saying he's going to the Premier League, yet Leeds fans still think he's not good enough for us. He can play in several positions, he's our only midfielder willing to put in a tackle, he was consistently better than Kilkenny, more consistent than wonderboy Howson and one of our very few aerial threats. Let's not forget the fact he's wanted by Premiership clubs as well as, presumably, many Championship clubs but somehow, he's not good enough.

Rant over.

Edit: Oh yeah, he's been linked to Stoke, Bolton, Norwich, West Brom, Sunderland and I'm sure there was someone else, Wolves maybe.

I hate Leeds fans at times, I really do.

Welcome to my world.

I'm not going to bite, if that's what you're after.

Anyway yeah, Neil Kilkenny's also on his way out of Elland Road, no big loss in my eyes, will probably end up at Doncaster or one of the other passing sides in the Championship.

Guest Neon Noodle

Maybe they decided they'd rather take the financial hit than have to field offers, often over the phone and occasionally from a foreign-sounding voice.

• Like 3

• Admin

Ten players RELEASED?!

Surely they could have got some money for Reo-Coker and Carew?

All players at the end of their contract aren't they? So it's just a case of "we're not offering you a new contract, goodbye" release

Maybe they decided they'd rather take the financial hit than have to field offers, often over the phone and occasionally from a foreign-sounding voice.

When did Kirkland become Director of Football at Aston Villa?