2011 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Starvinho

Clearly, American player not returning home to rest on his laurels in an inferior league upsets some people :shifty:

Good business from Tottenham if true. Solid, dependable and still quality.

• Like 1

Clearly, American player not returning home to rest on his laurels in an inferior league upsets some people :shifty:

Good business from Tottenham if true. Solid, dependable and still quality.

No, an American player/player I like being signed by a shit club that I really don't care for. Big difference.

Spurs, one of the top clubs in England? Yeah, sure are shit aren't they :P

Brilliant signing, is that on a free? Him over Gomez all day long. Really hope he doesn't spend much time at all on the bench. Even at his age that guy is simply amazing, could be a great factor for Spurs next season.

• Admin

Yes, we're a completely shitty worthless club.

Congrats on winning the quadruple again this year, and whilst I'm at it, congrats on a wonderful stadium with terrific atmosphere...

My one worry is that Friedel is 40+ and Cudicini is 37/38? Talk about short-term solution.

EDIT: Oh yes, I forgot: your manager is the biggest cunt in football.

• Like 4

Isn't that sort of outburst against the rules?

Well i am not a Spurs fan but I don't really see a problem with using Friedel as a stopgap it gives Redknapp and the scouts another season to look for a goalie cause it's such an important position, United lost out big time by rushing in and making some dodgy keeping signings when they could have gotten in a veteran like Van Der Sar much earlier. Good signing

LOL Spurs fan talking shit about Arsenal ... even with all of our "issues" and by all of your own admissions how terrible Arsenal are ... you still finish behind us. Maybe that's why you're so touchy. Besides, when did A - rival talk get dissected around here ? B - everybody get their period ?

Manager 'transfer' news: Big Sam to WH ?

Munich appear to be signing Rafinha .... Schalke looking at Kevin Trapp (looks like Neuer just might be on the way out)

Anything to Morison to Norwich ?

EDIT - Leandro would own, I know we were looking at him too. Got to see some of his matches in Libertadores ... freaking great signing if you (or anyone else) gets him.

True, but given the back and forth bollocks thats ensued its a bit annoying. EWB really isn't the place for 'rival banter' given theres probably about 2 fans of each of the big clubs and a few others dotted around, the topics here tend to actually have decent discussion rather than the pathetic name calling that most football forums generate. I even get on with Ace and he's a proper dirty mackem :shifty: . Probable overreaction to HttKs post, but a right waste of a page...

Brad Friedel is mint though, just gutted his work permit failed when he almost came to Newcastle back in the olden days. I can't even remember which year, but we had him on that years Championship Manager, thats how far the deal went before it collapsed.