The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

£2.40 in the local, sometimes £1.99 through the week. £1.80 in some of the Working/Ex-Service Men's Clubs. £1.50-3.00 some places in town. Rare you find a pint costing more than £3.00 in Carlisle, unless you aren't willing to drink what's on top - Carling, Fosters mostly. I'll drink what I'm given.

It's about £3.20 for a bottle in the Stadium of Light but for one or two per match I'm not going to complain. Place we drink before hand is about £2.90 but we like the place so we aren't going to complain.

Cue: But 'Drink X' is shite and I only drink 'Specific Beer' so it's more for me. etc.

One more thing and then I'll go back to football. Up north, when you guys have a jaeger bomb, do you drop the shot glass into the red bull or jut pour the jaeger in? Because some northern lass bollocked me for dropping the shot glass in last night because that's not hey they do it up north. She was a dick about it as well, so she soon found herself outside. I fail to see how it's a 'bomb' without the shot glass though.

We drop the shot glass in so they only mix with each other when you drink it. But if I was in a pub and someone just hoyed the jaeger in on it's own I wouldn't kick up a fuss about it.

Err... Sessegnon is good I think. Just to give this topic some structure still. :shifty:

One more thing and then I'll go back to football. Up north, when you guys have a jaeger bomb, do you drop the shot glass into the red bull or jut pour the jaeger in? Because some northern lass bollocked me for dropping the shot glass in last night because that's not hey they do it up north. She was a dick about it as well, so she soon found herself outside. I fail to see how it's a 'bomb' without the shot glass though.

'Up North' is quite vague, seems to vary bar to bar but I'd drop a shot glass in.

I don't drink beer, but 3.40 a pint sounds like extortion to me.

That's my cheapest beer. The most expensive is 4.35 and I have a cider on draught that's 4.60 a pint.

Magners Golden Draught? That seems to have a ridiculous retail price for some reason.

I dunno if you'd consider where I live Up North, but that's how we do jagerbombs here too. Not that jager is any good, mind you.

I don't drink beer, but 3.40 a pint sounds like extortion to me.

That's my cheapest beer. The most expensive is 4.35 and I have a cider on draught that's 4.60 a pint.

Magners Golden Draught? That seems to have a ridiculous retail price for some reason.

I believe Magners is one of those with an extortionate keg price, like Guinness, unless they are your sole brewery/sponsor.

Down here, at my pub, pints are £3.70-4.80, which has the bonus of making drinking back in Bham seem very cheap!

Lee Ryder: "Sky claiming Eden Hazard spotted at #nufc training ground" on Twitter.

Good. Fucking. God. At least be realistic with rumours. There's no fun in made up stuff like this.

Probably Thorgan. <_<

Probably an actual hazard sign due to the slippery conditions.

It worries me when, even if they are just passing on hearsay, major establishments such as Sky start spouting this sort of thing off. Most people at Sky probably haven't even heard of Hazard and just thought, "he's at Lille, Newcastle like players from the French leagues, must be true".

• Admin
Newcastle: Krul, Simpson, Coloccini, Williamson, Santon, Ryan Taylor, Guthrie, Cabaye, Gutierrez, Best, Shola Ameobi.

Subs: Elliot, Ben Arfa, Abeid, Perch, Gosling, Obertan, Ferguson.

QPR: Kenny, Young, Gabbidon, Ferdinand, Hill, Wright-Phillips, Derry, Buzsaky, Mackie, Helguson, Bothroyd.

Subs: Cerny, Orr, Hall, Campbell, Smith, Ephraim, Macheda.

Referee: Chris Foy (Merseyside)

Having a sneaky feeling, a twinge almost, that Jonas or Ryan Taylor will score today. Not sure why, just think they'll score and step up in the absence of Chieck Tiote and Demba Ba.

Shame Joey Barton is suspended. Would like to see him against his own club and just the slight possibility that he and Guthrie go to war in the middle of the park and somehow both manage to lose would be massively pleasant.