The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Dowd, Marriner, Atwell and Friend are my least favourite. I don't mind any of the others. Oddly enough the two best referee's I see on a regular basis are Clattenburg and Oliver, neither of which Sunderland can have because they are both from Northumberland. Halsey is a good referee too I find.

But, I'm sure everyone's been wronged by a particular referee and holds a grudge against them regardless. Just how football is I suppose. Can't believe people actually want to be referee's, I'd struggle to keep my temper in check without grabbing a mouthy player or manager by the scruff of the neck and shouting at them. Personally I'd quite like to see a referee do that anyway, put the fear of God into players.

Edited by IAceI

Vinnie Jones to start officiating Prem Games, Ace?

I assume Webb officiated L'pool today? I turned MOTD off before that match came on because some joke about not wanting to fall asleep this early on a Saturday.

I remember when "supposedly" the FA wanted Pierluigi Collina to come in I think a few seasons ago cause of the retirement age for refs in Italy being less compared to over here.

I actually can't think of a ref that I like. Although Clattenberg, Dowd and obviously Howard Webb aren't really liked from a Liverpool point of view.

Edit: Yeh he was the ref for our match.

On the subject of fandom, I'm a man without a team really. Sure I support my home side Burnley, but I'm a wandering fan who just watches the most pleasing football really. One day I'll have to support a team properly, but that'll come when I can afford to actively support them >_>.

I was going to convince you to support Leeds on the basis your girlfriend lives here (or something like that), but unless you win the lottery I can't see us meeting that condition any time soon.

How expensive are Leeds season tickets by the way? Not that I'll ever support them (unless they get bought out by some oil baron/sheik :shifty:).

Looking forward to MOTD tonight to see quite a few goals, although disappointed that the Chelsea game only garnered the one goal. Hey stok, how did Torres play, still good except for finishing ability? He's been pretty good with assists and through balls recently.

Far too expensive. Here's our season ticket renewal prices for next year (first price is if you renew before the end of this month, second price is if you renew before [i think] April)

North Stand

Adult £516 £582

Junior £267 £300

Student £363 £408

Family Stand

Adult £462 £522

Junior £201 £228

Student £363 £408

East Stand Upper

Adult £669 £752

Junior £466 £525

Student £540 £608

East Stand Lower

Adult £633 £711

Junior £432 £483

Student £504 £567

West Stand

Adult £633 £711

Junior £432 £483

Student £504 £567

Match price tickets for this season for adults are 20/26/31 in the North and South stands (cheapest without paying for a £40 membership), baring in mind only shit games that fall on a midweek ever fit in the £20 category (3-4 per season at most). Oh and there's no student concessions for match tickets (and none at all in the East lower and West stands).

Oh and as for The Damned United, it's a good book but far from a true story.

Hence why I've been to one game in the last 18 months (and no, it wasn't Arsenal at home), I just can't justify spending that much, plus 3 quid a pint on a team of freebies/loanees that frequently looks like it can't be arsed.

Hence why I've been to one game in the last 18 months (and no, it wasn't Arsenal at home), I just can't justify spending that much, plus 3 quid a pint on a team of freebies/loanees that frequently looks like it can't be arsed.

Burnley tickets are pretty cheap, come support us :shifty:.

Just out of curiosity, anyone know who is the cheapest for tickets in the Premier League? I might support them until I get that promotion.

I don't like the neverending road that takes me to Turf Moor (though to this day I'm convinced we went the wrong way). Probably Wigan or Blackburn or Bolton. Some club that gets an attendance of about 12.

Wow, you have to be an absolute bellend to fork out for any of those.

I remember an article in Four-Four-Two magazine i think it was, a few years back where they compared the prices of the cheapest season tickets of the top three clubs in all of the big leagues in Europe (Prem, La Liga, Serie A etc). Arsenal's was something £885 while AC Milan's was just £85.

Just out of curiosity, anyone know who is the cheapest for tickets in the Premier League? I might support them until I get that promotion.

That would be Blackburn ;-)

• Like 1

If you want value for money based on goals per match, Scottish Third Division, where 6-3 is not an unusual score.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14366574.stm

'Ooooooooooooooohhhh, we hate Burnley and we hate Burnley, we hate Burnley and we hate Burnley, we hate Burnley and we hate Burnley, we are the Burnley haters.'

£290 for my season ticket this year as I'm under 22. Next year it will be about £410 though I think, so a bit of a jump but that's how it is. Works out to approximately £21 a match, which when you factor in category A matches, then it's cheaper - as you'd expect. So well worth it.

Also I watched Match of the Day for like the first time in two seasons this morning. I love Sky+ the ability to fast forward through Shearer and Hansen's ill-informed tripe is a great selling point for it.

3 quid a pint? Does the north still consider that expensive? Because the cheapest beer in my pub is 3.40.