The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Well obviously I support Ipswich. But since I got back into football a couple of years ago, I've liked Spurs because they're the team that entertains me most in the Premier League. I've been talking about Spurs on this board for a year or two now, it hasn't been a sudden thing that happened because they were doing well. They're my favourite team to watch play football, so I'd definitely say that counts for something and allows me to call myself a fan. I've watched basically every game they've played on TV, it's not a gloryhunting thing, I just enjoy watching them play football.

Not a fan, never a fan. There's teams I like to see do well, sure, but that's miles different.

Exactly, I'm a Leeds fan and I really couldn't imagine me saying I was a fan of any other team. Yeah, I want Spurs to do well, ditto Villa and to a lesser extent Man City, but I wouldn't even come close to saying I was a fan of any of those teams.

Lovely third from Carrick, he's been in great form lately.

He doesn't get the praise he deserves Carrick, he's a quality player and when he plays well United seem to play their best football. Wouldn't suprise me to see him in the England squad again next month either.

On the subject of fandom, I'm a man without a team really. Sure I support my home side Burnley, but I'm a wandering fan who just watches the most pleasing football really. One day I'll have to support a team properly, but that'll come when I can afford to actively support them >_>.

On the subject of fandom, I'm a man without a team really. Sure I support my home side Burnley, but I'm a wandering fan who just watches the most pleasing football really. One day I'll have to support a team properly, but that'll come when I can afford to actively support them >_>.

I was going to convince you to support Leeds on the basis your girlfriend lives here (or something like that), but unless you win the lottery I can't see us meeting that condition any time soon.