General Movie Thread

Jimmy

Get Out was ruined for me. While I know it was a phenomenal film, having to endure a bunch of people in the theatre commenting on the entire fucking movie killed the atmosphere and mood for the movie. I walked out thrilled the movie was over because of groups of people not knowing how to shut the fuck up. I don't need to hear rapturous applause for someone dying, hearing things like "no black man would ever do that" over and over again, "get out, run!", and countless other unnecessary bullshit. Man, I really hate people like that in a theater!

I got to see it in a theater that wasn't like that the first time, and then a theater with a row of teens behind me doing a lot of that the second time and I loved it.

I mean, that's exactly the kind of movie I would want that to happen during.  I, on the other hand, had a bunch of teenagers talking to themselves during the quiet, sad parts of Logan.  I think they expected a regular superhero movie and were not prepared to feel feelings in front of their friends.

I'm sure there are people out there that thought that but it strikes me as strange because the marketing didn't really suggest that it'd be a normal superhero movie. 

Edited by livid

9 hours ago, Arjen Robben said:

God I can't wait for this! It's been too long since we've had an Edgar Wright film and the cast is really good.

I just hate that we have to wait until August, especially since it premiered at SXSW last night. 

Edited by livid
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, livid said:

God I can't wait for this! It's been too long since we've had an Edgar Wright film and the cast is really good.

I just hate that we have to wait until August, especially since it premiered at SXSW last night. 

Apparently got great reviews coming out of the SXSW premiere too.

I'm not shitting on Emma Watson or anything but she looks really out of place in Belle's big yellow dress.

Shin Godzilla was amazing. It felt like a horror movie at points. Godzilla was legitimately terrifying.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Edit:  I REALLY like this.  Very hopeful for how it turns out

• Like 3