Cricket!

nabeel

Meanwhile in other cricket, Rahkeem Cornwall made his test debut for the West Indies against India on Friday and set the record for the heaviest test cricketer on record. He is 6'6", 22.5 stone (308lbs) and the scariest off-spinner ever born.

On 01/09/2019 at 07:58, Chris2K said:

Meanwhile in other cricket, Rahkeem Cornwall made his test debut for the West Indies against India on Friday and set the record for the heaviest test cricketer on record. He is 6'6", 22.5 stone (308lbs) and the scariest off-spinner ever born.

I had memories of flashbacks of Dwayne Leverock when I read that... Except Cornwall is taller. Yet I still don't think he's the heaviest Test player ever... Warwick Armstrong (back in the early days of test cricket) was erm, quite large.

Edited by PantherFan59
Adjusting comment

13 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

There's no real accurate measurement of Armstrong due to the era, but they're putting him at 21 stone/294lbs in the records, so Cornwall just pips him.

Leverock is down as a svelte 20 stone, still has one of my favourite catch pictures of all time though.

See the source image

"The fridge has opened"

• Like 1

England had a bad day on the field, but nowhere near as bad as this Aussie Journo

😄

Meanwhile, in other Non-Ashes related news, Afghanistan are 271/5 having recovered from 77/3 in their only Test against Bangladesh with Rahmat Shah (102) making history as the Afghans first ever Test centurion, and they could very well have a second century maker with Ashgar Afghan 88 not out.

And in women's cricket, Bangladesh have qualified for the ICC Women's T20 World Cup next year and will be joined by Thailand! Unfortunately for Thailand though, they're grouped with England, South Africa, the West Indies and Pakistan.

Edited by PantherFan59
Added other news