EWB Music Club

METALMAN

I thought this could be a good way to discover some good new music, learn about other members' music tastes and also have a bit of fun. In principle, the idea is just the same as a book club. Now, I must admit, I don't know if book clubs exist for any function other than to make middle class housewives in TV programmes seem a little less vapid and dull, but the premise is pretty solid nonetheless.

Every week or so, we will all put forward an album to listen to, and then vote on it (or I dunno, do some kind of rotational system). Then, we'll track it down, whether it be on Spotify, Youtube, download or bought from a shop (if you're especially rich). We'll all listen to it, and have a little chat about it.

Anyway, you get the idea. I just think this could be pretty good fun. The music forum does seem to be ailing a little, and the oversaturation of those silly list threads (myself included) hasn't really helped matters much. This could be a nice project. Everyone's welcome of course - regardless of musical tastes or knowledge.

If you'd like to get involved, just leave a note here, and also suggest an album to get kicked off with.

EWB MUSIC CLUB MEMBERS

metalman

Steeb

Matt

Livid

Apsham

LD

GoGo

HeyThereTaylorGang

fr34k

Hickey

GA

Jack95

Pris

Ben

Rich

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in... a big problem here is going to be that people listen to such a wide variety of music on EWB, and whilst I can listen to pretty much anything, I'm not sure our rap lovers are going to want to listen to grindcore and such.

Also, album suggestion: Little Roy - Battle for Seattle.

I also think Chilis or Kanye & Jay-Z would be a nice, straightforward start. Afterwards, I'd be open to anything pretty much, because that's the fun part!

Anyway, I'd say we give this till midnight (GMT) at which point (if I remember <_<) I'll set up the voting. It shouldn't matter that we get started so soon as people can join whenever they wish and participate as much or as little as they like.