Rugby!

Karizma

• 5 months later...

I'm surprised it's taken this long. I think you can play from being 16, albeit that's rare, so basically it's taken nearly 3 years for someone to do that. Unless super league and NRL have different rules on age limits

I tried to find definitive rules on that but all google showed me were old articles and forum links to discussions on raising the debut age to 18. <_<

I did find that the player in question is also the only player born in the 2000's currently playing top grade rugby league in Australia. Only 6 18 year olds in total as well and obviously nobody younger. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Think I read somewhere that only Exeter made a profit last year? Something needs to change.

Pretty much. I think they might be the only team making year-on-year profit as well. Player wage inflation is the main reason, as clubs try to compete with both the southern hemisphere and French leagues.

Local bias aside, I genuinely believe Exeter Chiefs might actually be the best run sports franchise in the country.

• 2 months later...

Beat them well too, an unbelievable performance! That's after beating them in Chicago two years ago too!

Between this and the Grand Slam this year, we could be considered the best team in the world. It's a weird feeling that! Bet we get knocked out in the quarters again at the World Cup. 😒

• 4 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Lowerdeck said:

Can see some similarity to American football.

I'm sure I've asked in the NFL thread but why don't they play more lateral passes in Yankball? Plenty of quick wingers why not just play a few sideways passes?

45 minutes ago, MDK said:

I'm sure I've asked in the NFL thread but why don't they play more lateral passes in Yankball? Plenty of quick wingers why not just play a few sideways passes?

My guess would be that because forward passes and lead blockers are allowed, it stretches the field out enough so teams don't feel the need to lateral much.  That and there's (usually) a bigger amount of space between players eligible to carry the ball.