Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

State of Decay, which everyone raved about for XBL, is now on Steam Greenlight for $20

• Like 1

So they released the specs of the beta Steambox's..

The 300 prototype units will ship with the following components:
GPU: some units with NVidia Titan, some GTX780, some GTX760, and some GTX660
CPU: some boxes with Intel : i7-4770, some i5-4570, and some i3
RAM: 16GB DDR3-1600 (CPU), 3GB DDR5 (GPU)
Storage: 1TB/8GB Hybrid SSHD
Power Supply: Internal 450w 80Plus Gold
Dimensions: approx. 12 x 12.4 x 2.9 in high

Kotaku estimates that, given the high end possibilites, the highest power Steambox costs close to $1900. On the low end, using the cheaper parts listed, its close to $900...damn!

That's one reason why so many people prefer console gaming. I do like playing on a PC, and the better graphics and customisation options that the Steambox will presumably provide are nice, but I can't ever fathom paying anywhere near that much for a video game machine.

So they released the specs of the beta Steambox's..

The 300 prototype units will ship with the following components:

GPU: some units with NVidia Titan, some GTX780, some GTX760, and some GTX660

CPU: some boxes with Intel : i7-4770, some i5-4570, and some i3

RAM: 16GB DDR3-1600 (CPU), 3GB DDR5 (GPU)

Storage: 1TB/8GB Hybrid SSHD

Power Supply: Internal 450w 80Plus Gold

Dimensions: approx. 12 x 12.4 x 2.9 in high

Kotaku estimates that, given the high end possibilites, the highest power Steambox costs close to $1900. On the low end, using the cheaper parts listed, its close to $900...damn!

Not to mention, that basically means they disassociated from the Piston for no discernible reason.

If it's teasing a grand, then this project is dead in the water.

On the other hand you save tons on the day one price of games, let alone what they cost a month or even weeks later. Depending on how much you spend on games a year that difference might even be enough to get you close enough to PS4s price sooner rather than later.

Actually if you think about it, Kotaku has another article up that explains ALOT more. Think back to February when you heard Gabe talk about good, better, and best. The STeam box options you are seeing are different versions of BEST. Better would be low end stuff that would cost about the cost of a console new and run everything. Good would be a cheap end thing that requires you to have a PC so you can stream them from the PC which would handle most of the work.

If it is like that then it could truly work for them IMO.

In this week's bundle news, there's the Indie Gala October Bundle, which contains not only such indie hits as Knights of Pen and Paper and Satazius, but also a slew of larger-budget games, like Crusader Kings II and Two Worlds II.

There's also this week's Humble Bundle, consisting of the following goodies:

Cities XL Platinum

Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition

Divinity II: Director's Cut

R.A.W. Realms of Ancient War

Game of Thrones

Confrontation

$6 or more will also unlock the following games:

Wargame: European Escalation

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seems the Scribblenaut Facebook page is advertising a Warner Brothers games Humble Bundle including Scribblenauts Unlimited and 'five other WB games'.

This gon be good!

EDIT: https://www.humblebundle.com/

Batman: AA GOTY

FEAR 2

FEAR 3

LOTR: War in the North

BTA (Currently $4)

Scribblenauts Unlimited

Batman: AC GOTY

BTA is fluctating wildly now. Still a stonking deal though if you don't have stuff like Batman. Plus, apparently they've tweaked their Steam keys thing again to allow you to gift them to other people.

Edited by Stephen King Ellis