2012 Africa Cup of Nations

Lineker

Mental end to a mental tournament. Completely worth the £3.99 I paid for Eurosport Player. I was delighted to see Zambia win, especially in the most poignant of places, but you've got to feel for the Ivory Coast. They've produced the most talented team arguably in African football history, and they've got nothing to show for it. I really hope they win next year's edition. Still, amazing upset, and I agree that Renard carrying the injured player to sing with his teammates was wonderful, especially as said player was in floods of tears earlier than his big moment had been prematurely curtailed. Great game.

Bacary Sagna @Sagnaofficial

Gervinho was probably the best on the pitch yesterday..that miss will make him stronger

:lmao:

Bollocks. Best player on the pitch (when he came on) was Gradel, Gervinho was probably the worst player on the pitch.

To be fair Sagna's hardly gonna come out and say "Gervinho you twat, you cost us the tournament! Die!" is he?

I'm delighted for the Zambians, a great win. I felt so sorry for the young kid who missed the penalty when Zambia were on match point the first time. Bet he's relieved now!

Seeing Max Gradel on the losing side always makes me happy at least somewhat too.