General Gaming Thread

TKz

I'm interested in Watch Dogs to see how faithful the recreation of Chicago will be. But I don't know besides Baseball I am having a hard time getting too excited to play anything right now. I still stand by my list of things I want to play but lately when I have free time I don't feel like playing video games

Anyone here play 4X games?

I tried to get back into Armada 2526 (probably my favourite 4x after MOO2) so I can play mutliplayer with my mate, but can't find the latest version of Iceman's mod. Anyone have it, or know where I could get it from?

Are there any new 4X games worth checking out?

Anyone else have a nagging feeling that Watch_Dogs is going to be a horrible let down and the biggest disappointment of the year?

The way it's been delayed and every snippet of news about the game since has me thinking that there's been a drastic rewrite of Bioshock: Infinite proportions.

What's that supposed to mean? Infinite was ruddy fantastic.

Infinite seems to be one of those games that has had a retrospective backlash, moreso than GTA V thus far but much less than GTA IV.

I say more than GTA V, it's just the outcry over the online aspect has always overshadowed that of the single player in V so I've never been overly aware of hate towards it.

I'm interested in Watch Dogs to see how faithful the recreation of Chicago will be. But I don't know besides Baseball I am having a hard time getting too excited to play anything right now. I still stand by my list of things I want to play but lately when I have free time I don't feel like playing video games

The makers of watch dogs bribed the journos with nexus 7s.

I think watch dogs will be pants

The makers of watch dogs bribed the journos with nexus 7s.

I think watch dogs will be pants

Not really uncommon for any game. There's a lot of kickbacks into the bigger levels of gaming journalism industry.

I like the idea of playing Watch Dogs multiplayer with Srar screaming 'Get off my lawn!' whilst I short circuit her hair dryer. :P

• Like 1

What is with Tactical RPGs and having party members die permanently? I love that style of gameplay, but I hate that if someone is KO'd they are gone forever in a lot of those games.

The only ones I know of that do that are the FFT games. Does Fire Emblem do that too?

What is with Tactical RPGs and having party members die permanently? I love that style of gameplay, but I hate that if someone is KO'd they are gone forever in a lot of those games.

The only ones I know of that do that are the FFT games. Does Fire Emblem do that too?

Awakening does, or at least there's an option for it.

I'm playing Shadow Wars on 3DS and that doesn't have permadeath. Nor does it give you the ability to recruit and customise characters though so you'd be screwed if it did. You do fail a mission immediately and have to restart/reload though if one of them dies.

Aye, XCom does it too.

It never bothered me as much in XCOM, because assuming you didn't lose your entire party, it wasn't too hard to build another soldier up again. Didn't make it hurt the feels any less, though.

http://www.gamingroot.com/first-details-wwe-2k15-released/

I'm not going to go getting my hopes up that any of this is true, but the claims about dynamic character changes? That's pretty cool. That's something I'd like to see in a WWE game. I don't know how feasible it is though.

I don't think it's that unrealistic if they have a real team working on the game, unlike THQ, who were stuck in a PS1 mentality.

But I'll just be impressed if they manage to make DLC that doesn't require a whole new roster spot, "well, you can play as John Cena with a black t-shirt, or you can download the brand new John Cena model... COMPLETE WITH GREEN SHIRT!"