General Gaming Thread

TKz

Me: *sinks several hours into an EU4 game as The Papal State*

EU4: "btw have we mentioned our next big bit of DLC which overhauls Papal gameplay, coming soon?"

Me: "...Goddamn it."

• Sad 2

Reggie: I'm looking for a challenge.

GameStop: Wanna try to save us from bankruptcy?

Reggie: Challenge accepted.

https://venturebeat.com/2020/03/09/reggie-fils-aime-gamestop/

So I downloaded Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, which is more or less the spiritual successor to Castlevania.

Only played it for an hour or so but I love it.  Its a really great Metroidvania style 2.5D side scroller

It hasn't been officially announced yet, but several sources are saying that the cancellation is imminent. The coronavirus is actually a bit of a face-saver because companies were pulling out even before its outbreak.

Bloomberg has reported that the ESA could be looking at making an online-only E3 instead, which would probably be better anyway.

Anyone familiar with Mount and Blade Warband know of any good mods? Ideally something that can help with maintaining a decent size retinue?

9 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

Anyone familiar with Mount and Blade Warband know of any good mods? Ideally something that can help with maintaining a decent size retinue?

The only good one I've ever used was the Game of Thrones one!

I'd consider getting a VR headset if not for that A) This house is kinda small so the only place I can use it is the kitchen and B) We have a dog who just plops down wherever he feels like it.

16 minutes ago, OctoberRaven said:

I'd consider getting a VR headset if not for that A) This house is kinda small so the only place I can use it is the kitchen and B) We have a dog who just plops down wherever he feels like it.

Oculus Go is great. I paid $200, no wires or nothing. It lacks power, but it is great for an hour escape. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RPS said:

Oculus Go is great. I paid $200, no wires or nothing. It lacks power, but it is great for an hour escape. 

Yeah, but there is a near-hundred percent chance that I will either trip over or step on the dog during that hour

Also, latest rumor going round is that Sony Interactive is looking to buy Metal Gear, Castlevania, and Silent Hill from Konami.

13 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

Yeah, but there is a near-hundred percent chance that I will either trip over or step on the dog during that hour

Also, latest rumor going round is that Sony Interactive is looking to buy Metal Gear, Castlevania, and Silent Hill from Konami.

You don't move. 

e06JUI4.jpg

• Like 4