General Gaming Thread

TKz

Riding into battle with your cavalry in Mount and Blade be like

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Meacon say “Hi People!” said:

Can you play Steam VR games with that?

No. It is a stand alone VR headset with it's own store front from Oculus. Games are limited and it very much reminds me of early PC gaming on DOS. There is no BOTW or God of War or Read Dead, but bite sized experiences. It is comparable to the cellphone VR experiences available now. It is very much on par with what your phone could produce power wise for the games.

That being said, it is a great bite sized experience. I play it for 40 mins to an hour and I'm good.

Figures that Ragnar names me Marshal and then gets allergic to declaring war. Oh well, I get plenty of time to build my war chest and hopefully grab some new books.

War were declared.

VW0sKsX.jpg

And no, my armor isn't red. That's the blood of those I struck down with my axe.

• Haha 1

Still playing M&B Warband. Two factions off the board, a third is all but officially gone, and two to go. Only thing that can stop a full Nordic Caladria now is if the Rhodoks and Khergit team up.

Of the two, Rhodoks are the weaker as the Khergit stole some Sarranid territories from under me while I was mopping them up. OTOH Khergit can't use horses to defend sieges...

• Like 2

I finished the main story of The Witcher 3 today. I bought the game at launch and kept stopping to play other games, so this has been nearly a five-year journey. Also, coming to think of it, the fact that the game's nearly five years old seems mad to me. I still think of it as a really recent game.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I finished the main story of The Witcher 3 today. I bought the game at launch and kept stopping to play other games, so this has been nearly a five-year journey. Also, coming to think of it, the fact that the game's nearly five years old seems mad to me. I still think of it as a really recent game.

I played it pretty much any chance I could get when it released then had a break when I thought the end was getting near before finishing through. Since then I've finished it once more (this time with the expansions) and I've got another save going that I might play an hour of two of every few weeks. I think it is my favourite game of all time, even side quests get you invested into them, it is just such a perfectly crafted world. I really hope Cyberpunk 2077 lives up to the standard they set with The Witcher 3, though even if it falls short it should still be a damn good game.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

Still playing M&B Warband. Two factions off the board, a third is all but officially gone, and two to go. Only thing that can stop a full Nordic Caladria now is if the Rhodoks and Khergit team up.

Of the two, Rhodoks are the weaker as the Khergit stole some Sarranid territories from under me while I was mopping them up. OTOH Khergit can't use horses to defend sieges...

I am so ready for Bannerlord.

Down to the Rhodoks and have them on the ropes. Trying to keep them there is proving difficult, as Ragnar is too busy stripping people of titles to give land to people on the borders of the war. On the plus side I have all the cities now, so all I need to do is whittle the remaining forces. Even better is the Rhodoks are down to one city they've been entrenched in before the war, so once I clear that out the process of recapturing castles will get considerably easier.

EDIT- Aaand they are gone!

• Like 2

Playing MK11 and goddamn is Kronika a stupidly unfair boss. It's like they took the note of people wanting Motaro back and thinking what fans meant was a cheeseball boss.

Also

Spoiler

If Kronika undid the destruction of Shinnok's palace, wouldn't Present Sonya been revived?

I have quite a backlog as everyone seemingly does. I may post about it but until then, I'm using this quarantine time to play a few. I may not beat them all but I want to at least give them a fair try. So, I'm calling on EWB to help me pick what's next up! The choices are games I've borrowed from friends who have probably forgotten but I feel as if I owe it to them to play them and give them back!

The Evil Within... Dante's Inferno... The Witcher 3... Batman: Arkham Asylum... or The Last Of Us...

Thank you :)

Have you watched the Netflix Series? I found that not only was it really good, it also helped me understand the Witcher lore much better, even if the stories are at completely different points and have some differences.

I've powered through Resident Evil 2 yesterday. Just in the sewers at the moment on Leon's play through. 

Tyrant is so annoying when you've got limited health btw. Just trying to hobble away from the big bitch and his stupid Stretch Armstrong arm reach 

• Like 1