General Gaming Thread

TKz

1 hour ago, JMarushin said:

You can get a bunch of the Final Fantasy games on Steam now, those were always good time spenders for me. Otherwise have you played Elder Scrolls Oblivion or Skyrim? Those are 2 other games that you can just get totally lost in

I could try a Final Fantasy game. I’ve played the beginning of Skyrim that many damn times, I just can’t seem to bring myself to it for some reason. 

8 minutes ago, Paton said:

I could try a Final Fantasy game. I’ve played the beginning of Skyrim that many damn times, I just can’t seem to bring myself to it for some reason. 

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/final-fantasy/

Few recommendations/experiences:

• I've finished FFX and put a ton of hours into the sidequest stuff, I really enjoyed it a lot. BLITZBALL!
  • I've also finished FF7, which has a pretty incredible story that is well told with fun minigames and characters. There is side stuff but I didn't end up doing too much of it
  • I started but didn't get to into FF8 because I was hella busy when i tried playing it
  • Played through a good chunk of FFXIII, it's got a pretty neat battle system and looks awesome
  • I've finished FFIV - probably one of the best loved for it's story
  • Haven't played FFXV but it's the big new title out there
  • I really want to play FF Type-0 but missed the last sale on it
  • Started FFVI and III before, both seem very promising
  • Had a lot of friends who played and enjoyed IX but I haven't
  • Really wish they'd bring XII to the PC

1 hour ago, Paton said:

Open world fatigue? Pretty much every game nowadays is open world, and it's exhausting after awhile.

After I finish AC: Odyssey, I'm going to try and take a break from open world games. They can be fun, but it's too much currently. I like Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice because it was a nice, on rails experience. 

1 hour ago, JMarushin said:

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/final-fantasy/

• Really wish they'd bring XII to the PC

https://store.steampowered.com/app/595520/FINAL_FANTASY_XII_THE_ZODIAC_AGE/

For whatever reason, wasn't listed on your link thingy.

• Like 1

Just now, Dickon Manwoody said:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/595520/FINAL_FANTASY_XII_THE_ZODIAC_AGE/

For whatever reason, wasn't listed on your link thingy.

Yeah it wasn't, what the heck! That's awesome! Thanks Ser Manwoody!

Now to put it on my wishlist and wait for a sale hahaha

11 minutes ago, JMarushin said:

Yeah it wasn't, what the heck! That's awesome! Thanks Ser Manwoody!

Now to put it on my wishlist and wait for a sale hahaha

I think it was on sale just a few weeks ago.

1 hour ago, Ruki said:

Open world fatigue? Pretty much every game nowadays is open world, and it's exhausting after awhile.

After I finish AC: Odyssey, I'm going to try and take a break from open world games. They can be fun, but it's too much currently. I like Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice because it was a nice, on rails experience. 

Yeah I think you’re right. I’ve heard good things about Hellblade, so I’ll have to check that one out. 

43 minutes ago, Paton said:

Yeah I think you’re right. I’ve heard good things about Hellblade, so I’ll have to check that one out. 

The gameplay is alright.. but the story and the audio design are top notch. And it's short, only about 8-10 hours.

Another thing about Assassin's Creed Odyssey! At no point do you ever feel powerful. All the enemies level with you. I want to go in and stealth kill everyone, not use a stealth attack that does a bunch of damage but doesn't kill them and now I have to fight the whole fort. 

And all these missions are so far apart.

5 hours ago, Ruki said:

Another thing about Assassin's Creed Odyssey! At no point do you ever feel powerful. All the enemies level with you. I want to go in and stealth kill everyone, not use a stealth attack that does a bunch of damage but doesn't kill them and now I have to fight the whole fort. 

And all these missions are so far apart.

There are level scaling options. Before you go to an area, you can see what the minimum level you SHOULD be at is. On most difficulties it then would allow some levels to have enemies 2 levels below you at all times if you were a set level higher than the medium, and in the January update they added a menu option to changing level scaling to Heavy to allow it to be 4 levels below you.

And then honestly, if you aren't already - you should just play on Easy. You'd still get recked in the systems within the game that are meant to mess with you - like other high, high level mercenaries. But the only thing it really alters is time to kill on the enemies closer to your level.

Edited by apsham
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Paton said:

Waiting for WoW Classic.

ewww why? Do you know why WoW changed? Because Classic was shit. All these nostalgia fans are going to last few a month and then they're going to realize how shitty Classic really was.

5 hours ago, apsham said:

There are level scaling options. Before you go to an area, you can see what the minimum level you SHOULD be at is. On most difficulties it then would allow some levels to have enemies 2 levels below you at all times if you were a set level higher than the medium, and in the January update they added a menu option to changing level scaling to Heavy to allow it to be 4 levels below you.

And then honestly, if you aren't already - you should just play on Easy. You'd still get recked in the systems within the game that are meant to mess with you - like other high, high level mercenaries. But the only thing it really alters is time to kill on the enemies closer to your level.

...this guidance makes me wish I hadn't traded it in.

8 hours ago, apsham said:

Switched it to easy, much better almost instantly! The mooks are just that, mooks. But the elite enemies can still fuck me up. 

• 3 weeks later...

Didn’t know where to ask this but, anyone here play Magic The Gathering? I have recently started getting into it. My brother plays, and has managed to take me along to a few casual card tournaments. Which I have enjoyed, but I believe I would enjoy it more if I had a greater understanding of the rules, different play styles, and overall a better knowledge for the game. With the new Challenger Deck sets coming out, I was curious to see if anyone was keen for them? Or for MTG in general?