General Gaming Thread

TKz

The best game of 2014.

Is this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5BIRWiifo8

I still can't believe they are making that game.

So, I woke up at 4:30am to see if any news was released, only found info on the 3DS PS3/4 crossover game, and was super disappointed. But then my friend texted me at like 10am to tell me that Persona 5 is, indeed, a thing. :D

Really want a new game like Virtue's Last Reward (perhaps with a slightly fewer walls of text to get through). I know there was an earlier game, something like 999, but it;s on the DS which I'm not a huge fan of, and also expensive and hard to find (last time I looked).

Also I want a VLR watch.

Really want a new game like Virtue's Last Reward (perhaps with a slightly fewer walls of text to get through). I know there was an earlier game, something like 999, but it;s on the DS which I'm not a huge fan of, and also expensive and hard to find (last time I looked).

Also I want a VLR watch.

This might be right up your alley

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/12/danganronpa-trigger-happy-havoc-coming-to-ps-vita-on-february-11th-2014/

• Like 1

Also I want a VLR watch.

Wait. You played VLR without playing 999?

Seriously. Brave the DS to play it.

Ugh. PS3! I don't want to have to keep my PS3 sitting around in the way still. Need to buy myself a new one at some point if they're going to keep bringing out new titles for it...

How dare they continue supporting their consoles! Rogues and villains! Vagabonds and ne'er do wells! The very nerve!

Haven't they only just stopped releasing PS2 games? Granted the last few were probably shit, but there'll be decent PS3 games for a few years yet.

Eh, it's a bit different. PS2 mostly continued with ports, whilst the PS3 looks to keep having titles released exclusively.

Also, I'm totally for supporting the PS3. Just disappointed that there's another JRPG that won't be on the PS4... and I'd rather have played it on my shiny new console than on my old one that makes tons of noise when I play for more than fifteen minutes.

So I'm probably (finally!) going to purchase a new gen gaming system around February-ish next year. Should I get the XBOX 1 or the PS4? I generally just want to play Fifa, NBA2K and UFC, if that helps to determine which is more suitable.

Both have some kinks. Wait til january to decide.

There are still Dreamcast games being released, so...

Why has nobody told me this?! :shifty:

I've been saying for a while that the launch titles for the PS4 and X-Box One are pretty weak, and the technological and graphical jump isn't big enough - consoles are reaching a plateau where companies need to start thinking outside the box to make any real improvements. The upgrade in graphics from PS3 and PS4 isn't anything like as substantial as from PS2 to PS3, for example, and graphics is your barometer of how powerful a console it is, and how you sell it to potential customers.

Once the initial hype dies down, I don't think there'll be as much of a rush for the new consoles as there has been for previous generations. The PS3 and 360 have been around for so long, and there's relatively little difference between them and their successors, that I think that "generation" will still be supported - in a big way - for a lot longer than previous generations were.

Personally, I've not been remotely sold on either the PS4 or the X-Box One. The selling points seem to be nothing more than "well, it's the new one!", as if it's a foregone conclusion that you need to own one of the new consoles. They're doing nothing to sell it to the likes of me, who have managed without a PS3 or X-Box 360 (well, I briefly had one).

• Like 2