The 2012 Music Thread!

METALMAN

Oh god, new How to Dress Well. Will give it a listen at home, tunes at work always sail by me.

It was okay. No "Ready for the World" or "Lover's Start" or... well, so much of Love Remains was great, so it's a tough comparison. "Struggle" and "How Many?" are the best tracks but don't have a scrap on the first album stuff. May grow on me if I give it another listen but, despite enjoying the album, I was pretty disappointed.

Oh my y'all, these new Mountain Goats tunes are quite delicious. Though I was hoping we'd get "You Were Cool" on a record finally, as it fits in with the "story" of religious and social outcasts.

Also, Jenny is back, and I love that.

Oh very much so. I don't think You Were Cool should ever appear on an album, dunno why, I just like the idea of it existing as live song.

Learned today that the Amy mentioned in the opening track is Amy Winehouse.

I really dig the idea JD has to do an album about wrestlers from the 70s, if he ever actually gets around to it.

Listened to Dylan's Tempest earlier. I agree with Skummy, I think it's some of his best for a while. To me Time Out Of Mind is the best Dylan album of the last 12 years, I do not think its quite that but it's better than his last two by far.

• 2 weeks later...

That is wonderful.

Also, NEW COHEED!!!

I'd post more at length, but I could only get hold of a shitty webrip last night and I couldn't persevere with 160kbps, and I'm not getting the CD until my birthday. Sad times. Think I'm going to enjoy it though, even if I don't think they're ever going to come close to IKSOSE:3.

Also, NEW COHEED!!!

I'd post more at length, but I could only get hold of a shitty webrip last night and I couldn't persevere with 160kbps, and I'm not getting the CD until my birthday. Sad times. Think I'm going to enjoy it though, even if I don't think they're ever going to come close to IKSOSE:3.

I'm not going to try and sway you in any particular direction, but just make sure to listen to it a few times. I'm starting to pick up on slight things I missed the first couple of times and while it's not making it the greatest thing ever, those little touches improve it a good bit.

Paws debut album is well worth a listen. New Little Comets album is okay, but nothing special on first listen, definitely not as good as their debut. Cloud Nothings new album is incredible and I'd tell everyone to give that a listen.

Out of interest, anyone listened to the new Vaccines album? A lot of my friends have dismissed it, but I quite enjoy it. Probably not as good as their first album, but Ghost Town is a killer track.

Finally checked out "Tempest" and "Leathers" from the upcoming Deftones album "Koi No Yokan" (out 11/13). Very good stuff coming up if this is any indication.

On the same day as the Deftones' new album, the Punch Brothers will be releasing an EP called "Ahoy". Their latest is still my favorite of 2012, so I can't wait to hear what are apparently outtakes from those sessions.

Finally checked out "Tempest" and "Leathers" from the upcoming Deftones album "Koi No Yokan" (out 11/13). Very good stuff coming up if this is any indication.

I can't wait for their new album. I only got into them two years ago when Diamond Eyes completely blew me away, and now I've so much time for them. Saturday Night Wrist and White Pony are also amazing.

I can't wait for their new album. I only got into them two years ago when Diamond Eyes completely blew me away, and now I've so much time for them. Saturday Night Wrist and White Pony are also amazing.

I've always had White Pony as one of those albums you just have to own. And I like it, a lot. But I haven't properly listened to it in ages, and the rest of their back catalogue has basically passed me by, other than the odd track that popped up on a game/film soundtrack or something. I heard the one they released free on the website the other day, and now I can't wait for the whole album. I've also gone back and downloaded the other albums I didn't have (basically everything barring White Pony and Around the Fur).

I swear to God I had the Team Sleep album, but I can't find it for the life of me.

Ty Segall is killin' 2012, ya'll. Listen to all three of the albums he put out this year. I still think "Slaughterhouse" is my favorite.

Been listening to Twins the past couple of days and it's great. I think Hair would be my choice out of the three, but they're all neck and neck really. He played on Conan last week.