The 2012 Music Thread!

METALMAN

• 2 weeks later...

I've only been aware of him since DTP started, and I've gone back since then and listened to the likes of Ziltoid and Ocean Machine. The man can seemingly do no wrong.

Oh shit dude, get Synchestra and Terria. This fucking instant. Like, drop everything you have going right now and get those two albums. Synchestra is legitimately my favorite album of all time.

I've only been aware of him since DTP started, and I've gone back since then and listened to the likes of Ziltoid and Ocean Machine. The man can seemingly do no wrong.

Oh shit dude, get Synchestra and Terria. This fucking instant. Like, drop everything you have going right now and get those two albums. Synchestra is legitimately my favorite album of all time.

After I stop having orgasms to the final two minutes of 'Where We Belong'.

Quite a fan of Tempest. It sounds a lot more like "a Bob Dylan album" than the last couple.

It hasn't grabbed me quite as much as Modern Times did, but it's very solid. Plus my favourite Dylan albums are constantly changing, so I imagine it'll improve in my estimation. The title track is wonderful.

Apparently the Raveonettes have a new one out. Was a big big fan of their first, will probably check this one out.

So I checked it out. Waaaaayyyy different than Whip It On, they are like a moody singer songwriter duo now with minor electronica. May check it out again later as I know what the album is now, but it was a shock and not immediately amazing so I skipped it. Now listening to Lust Lust Lust and I can see how their progression has been moving towards Observator's stripped and somber tone. First track is interesting so far but I think I'm gonna just listen to Whip It On again...